1950 Nash Ambassador Custom - $18,000

These look very odd today but were only slightly so in 1950.  (more pics in ad) 

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/calimesa-1950-nash-ambassador-custom/7727887688.html

nice solid original low mileage car to use as is or restore. Very rare model and color combo. The only one I have seen in 68 years. It is the Custom with the automatic transmission, overhead 6 engine. Very well kept. Runs great but the 22,000 miles is probably not correct as nice as it is. The previous owner swears to it but I see a little more wear than 22,000 miles.Interior is in nice shape but the seats that are covered with the old timey seat covers have wear underneath and would need recovered with the original stripe broadcloth at $175 a yard out of SMS in Portland, Oregon, 4 yards to have an almost perfect interior. The paint could be original or mostly original, I can't tell, but it could use painting and a little chrome work to be a show piece. I am crazy about this car and if I don't find a good home for it I am going to Paint it, do some chrome and stainless work, maybe do the seats and maybe sell it but for over $30,000 or keep it till I drop!   (909) 351-9369

00C0C_9o5haHBnHVu_0hq0ne_600x450.jpg00A0A_l4zmI9WCtVt_0hq0ne_600x450.jpg01212_gIzY3JLIyCj_0gJ0ij_600x450.jpg00e0e_cy1tZOyozPg_0eQ0jm_600x450.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am crazy about this car and if I don't find a good home for it I am going to Paint it, do some chrome and stainless work, maybe do the seats and maybe sell it but for over $30,000 or keep it till I drop! 

Also like the ad, Is this a car or a puppy, finding a good home, , or a threat about keeping the car, its a nice car.

I also am looking for a good home, hopefully a home with, gold bars in it, and a 10 car garage. 

• Haha 2

I always see these ads for the bathtub Nashes and think yeah, that's unusual and unique but  what kind of a market is there really for a 4-door Nash 6 sedan?  The seats fold down, okay, so what? If it were my car, how often would I fold the seats down? Probably never. I always think if I wanted a 1949-1951 era car, I'd be much happier with something else. $18K might get you a pretty nice Buick, an Olds V8, a Ford, a Mercury or even a Hudson, a Pontiac or a Chrysler/Imperial 8. Realistically, I think this seller knows his car isn't worth anywhere near $18K (he says it could use painting & chrome), he's only trying to embellish his ad as much as he can. That $30K statement is total baloney, he's fishing for that new, novice, uneducated first time classic car buyer whose wife just happens to like the (original?) springtime robins egg blue color to come along and I really doubt that's gonna happen. IMO the seller should just keep this overpriced Nash til he drops. He mentions the previous owner in the ad so maybe it's a flip attempt which probably won't be successful. 

Edited by The 55er
deleted a word (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1