All British Show - Plantation, FL 10 March

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Looks like a solid turnout. 

Quite a few no-shows.  Entry numbers went close to 100, but there was considerably less on the field.  40% Chance of rain forecast for the afternoon so maybe that scared some away.  It sprinkled very briefly...not even enough to get the ground wet.  Off-and-on cloudy.  Hot.  Touched 90-degrees for a while mid-day.  

• Like 2

I really like that 1937 Alvis.  I've shown alongside him several times.  Nice guy.  He also has a 1925.  Both unrestored family-heirlooms.  Most of them time he drives one or the other to shows.  He said it took about 35 minutes to drive ~20 miles to the show yesterday.  

• Like 5

Great pics George - reminds me of when I would anxiously wait for the next issue of British Car & Bike.  Heck, even a Triumph Stag.  Brave man he is... 😉😁

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Great pics George - reminds me of when I would anxiously wait for the next issue of British Car & Bike.  Heck, even a Triumph Stag.  Brave man he is... 😉😁

There's a couple of Stag's floating around here.  I know the owner of one of them.  It's registered for Wheels Across the Pond, which is the next upcoming European show, less than 3-weeks from now in Jupiter.  Several years ago there were over 500 cars registered.  So far this year, only about 200, but registration's still open.

• Like 1

Dollar for dollar my old TR-6 was one of the most fun cars I ever had, easily in the top 3. I understand a pre Federal standards MGB is better in turns but never driven one.

The Stag could have been a pretty cool GT but man...  Hope your buddy's car is sorted and treats him well.  I bet that community has figured out a lot by now.  They show up now and then up here.

Then they came out with the TR-7 and you know the rest of that story..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 1:36 PM, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Dollar for dollar my old TR-6 was one of the most fun cars I ever had, easily in the top 3. I understand a pre Federal standards MGB is better in turns but never driven one.

The Stag could have been a pretty cool GT but man...  Hope your buddy's car is sorted and treats him well.  I bet that community has figured out a lot by now.  They show up now and then up here.

Then they came out with the TR-7 and you know the rest of that story..

Ah yes. The TR7 & TR8 finished off Triumph for good..,at least here in Canada. Today Steve I was able to finally yard drive my TR6. A big step forward as it hadn't moved under it's own power in many decades.

• Like 2

Do the tr7/8 get any love? I think they are pretty neat cars (one is rotting away a few miles from my house, only 1 I have seen for many years). I still remember the tv commercials of it parking in a wedge shaped garage 'the shape of the future'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

George,

Thanks for the great shots. Particularly like the two-seater AH 100-6… rings back a lot of memories.  The green Be they roadster was interesting. I have never seen one quite like it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Do the tr7/8 get any love? I think they are pretty neat cars (one is rotting away a few miles from my house, only 1 I have seen for many years). I still remember the tv commercials of it parking in a wedge shaped garage 'the shape of the future'?

Kerry it's your responsibility to save it! 

At 14 I thought, yeah I could get into one of those but 14 year olds don't have to deal w build quality... 😉😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TR 7's are starting to climb a bit in value, but most have been parted out or scraped years ago. Low survival rate .TR 8's have always had a loyal following. Decent ones are becoming quite expensive.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DrData said:

George,

Thanks for the great shots. Particularly like the two-seater AH 100-6… rings back a lot of memories.  The green Be they roadster was interesting. I have never seen one quite like it.

I thought the green Bentley roadster was a shoe-in for Best of Show, but it left early...most likely due to the pending rain which for the most part, never materialized.

• Like 1