For Sale: 1951 Hudson Pacemaker 4dr Sedan, 74K miles - $9,500 - Brewster, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 Hudson Pacemaker 4dr Sedan, 74K miles - $10,950 - $9,500 - Brewster, NY

1951 Hudson Pacemaker for sale by owner - Brewster, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1951 Hudson Pacemaker mostly all original. Had it 8yrs and looking to pass it on. Mechanically very sound. Great project restoration. odometer: 74000.
Copy and paste in your email: 717e85064321360ab332b8848a2195d1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Hudson Pacemaker 4dr Sedan.

'51 Hudson NY a.jpg

'51 Hudson NY b.jpg

'51 Hudson NY c.jpg

'51 Hudson NY d.jpg

'51 Hudson NY e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Price Reduced to $9,500: 3-12-2024: (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Looks very nice but going to have to guess the interior is totally redone due to the windlace having been created using the same reproduction cloth as the seats.   All Hudson stepdown windlace was a plain nondescript material (like all of the industry) that simply complimented (not duplicated) the seating colors.

Pacemakers are the entry level model so have the 232" flat six and anything else you wanted was optional like radio and heater etc, etc!

16 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The step down Hudson is yet another wonderful car that I love yet will probably never own.

Being an orphan car they are very affordable.  

Heck, here we have a shiny mechanically sound car with a reasonably correct interior for $10,000! 

Certainly not a points car and no, it’s not a Hornet with the big engine, but No way could you buy a scruffy one and replicate it for this price.  
It was the model that could get you into Hudson quality at a popular price. This example can still do that today.  

• Like 4

At this entry level price you have the comfort, step-down handling, and dependability of Hudson - albeit without the Hornet power.

Still, a good way into era touring without breaking the bank.

• Like 2

Never really a fan of this era Hudson, but, this one in black, is rather attractive. In my opinion, brighter colored and two toned step-downs remind me of what were popular paint choices for classics in the '80's.

image.jpeg.ce3b90d09fab3422fe6cb76b6e6291a4.jpeg1950 Hudson Commodore 8 2-door coupe - mod - copper metallic - fvr 2 -  Other Makes and Models - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion  Forums

image.jpeg.2a1ff3c42029a5bc88b7eeb44d1d1d34.jpegbringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1929_...

Is the wind lace on the driver’s door falling off the frame on the B pillar? And are we at all concerned that there is no picture of the engine bay or trunk? Or the underside? As much as I love our American flag it concerns me that someone would put a giant sticker on a door’s paint. My friend did that to cover a nasty dent. 

There were some notable differences between the lower-priced entry level Hudson Pacemakers and the more upscale Supers, Commodores and Hornets of the stepdown era. The Pacemakers were built on a shorter 119" wheelbase instead of the 124" wheelbase used on the larger series cars and were 6 1/2" shorter overall. The 1950-1952 Pacemakers had the smaller 232 cu.in. six as StillOutThere noted above and had the "snub nose" front end sheetmetal and rocker panels due to the shorter wheelbase. There were some trim level differences as well with the Pacemakers having less embellishments and shiny trim attached throughout the car. If you scroll up a few posts this is evident on the light blue Pacemaker coupe pictured in 7th Son's post. Many Pacemakers came with minimal options and had dogdish hubcaps, black rubber floormats, dashboards that were painted instead of woodgrained, smaller interior sunvisors and no fender skirts. It's doubtful any came with red carpeting and certainly none had any custom striped windlace. Throughout the years as more and more surviving Pacemakers were refurbished, restored and re-restored many were "embellished" with various Hudson trim and accessories that weren't originally on the base models like maybe some fancier side and trunk trim along with the larger taillights from the Commodore & Hornet series cars. Sometimes different rear bumpers were used too. It's always nice to see pictures of Hudsons on the internet but some of these shorter wheelbase cars look more like elaborate Hornets now than the bare-bones Pacemakers they were at birth. Anyway, the black Pacemaker sedan at the top of the post looks like a fairly nice car, so GLWTS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Hudson Pacemaker 4dr Sedan, 74K miles - $9,500 - Brewster, NY - Not Mine