1969 Corvair Convertible 35,000 miles $13,500

Marketplace - 1969 Chevrolet Classic · Corvair | Facebook

Only 6,000 Corvairs were produced in 1969 and of that total, only 521 were convertibles. This Corvair convertible is an original example with 35,000 miles. Original color, some imperfections and minimal rust spots. Runs great and recently tuned up. I have the Original tires, size 13, hard to find. $350

Product photo of 1969 Chevrolet Classic · Corvair

• Like 4

I posted this because of the recent thread under GENERAL DISCUSSION regarding safety of the Corvairs (and VW). 

This is a beautiful car, I agree with the seller to add those Chevy Rallye wheels and wider tires.   If true, this car is a benchmark car with only 35,000 original miles, 500 or so made, with likely half of those gone by 1977 or so.  Beautiful color and the kicker is the ad says it has been on marketplace for at least 6 months.  $13,500 is not unreasonable for a fun open air convertible from the 1960's.  

But if you could get this for $11,000?  wow. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RansomEli said:

I like it. If it didn't have an automatic, this Corvair would be sharing my garage alongside my two Franklins.

I understand your comment per the automatic, and love my 1965 Corvair Monza convertible with the 4-speed, 

but the 2-speed Powerglide is still an excellent transmission - especially in a Corvair.

Our first Corvair, a 1960, was automatic, as was one of our other prior 1965 convertibles - an unusual one with both Powerglide and Posi-Traction!

Of course the '65 Corsa convertible with the 4-carb setup was a very different driver.

As many nice wheelcover options as Chevrolet had in those years and someone put those ubiquitous Chevy Rallys on it.☹

Picture it with the rarely seen PA2's or simulated mag wheelcovers. And if those are 14" Rallys these will fit right on them!

$_1.jpegs-l960-1.webp

• Thanks 1

Looks like all the smog equipment has been removed.  I wonder if it is included in the sale?

That's a cool looking Corvair.  Hard to find Corvairs in this condition.  You could have a lot of fun in it for 13,500 bucks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deac said:

That's a cool looking Corvair.  Hard to find Corvairs in this condition.  You could have a lot of fun in it for 13,500 bucks.

Or, as I suspect, less.  I think this sells for $11,000 or less.  

What do we enjoy old cars for?  A lot of us found convertibles impractical new.  A lot of us had to buy 4 door sedans for family reasons.   Now we want to enjoy our "older years", whether that is 50 years old, 60 years old, or 70.  

This car clicks a lot of boxes without breaking the bank.  Want a 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS convertible?  $75,000 to $125,000.  

To me, it is not worth it, but we in America have a lot of salt and pepper, beer gut millionaires that make that $125,000 in interest each year on their retirement accounts.