Roadster ID

Ok, I have no idea what either of these are and hoping to learn  something new.

Anyone have an id on the roadster?

Bonus points if anyone can id the thing above the license plate.

image.png.2ab5513bf7cc546fbd02fe2c520201b0.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Gregush said:

Stop/Go/Slow tail light? 

That's what I was thinking too but I can't help but wonder is it made  of wood (homemade looking) or aftermarket...?

Probably is a tail light of sorts but I've just never seen one with that design.

Thank you for your help gents

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The car in question is a 1920 Stutz Series H Roadster. Same mechanicals (engine and drivetrain) as the red Bearcat pictured above but with a slightly longer chassis and slightly wider body. It still had the side shifter/handbrake but this is located inside the body tub. Curiously, the location of the shifter/handbrake makes the drivers door somewhat useless. The year of this Stutz Roadster can be somewhat zeroed-in as the 1919 Stutz range were equipped with Rudge wire wheels. This car has Buffalo (Houk) wheels which were used in 1920 and beyond. Also, in 1921, exterior door handles were added to all Stutz Tourers and Roadsters. The car looks to be well used and is missing its externally mounted horn and top clamps.

Edited by PMac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Houk wire wheels were first offered as an option on 1914 Stutz cars, that was the first year of Houk manufacture. They became Stutz standard equipment in 1917. True 1919 Stutz carried Rudge wire wheels and Stutz switched back to Houk for 1920 and the rest of 4 cylinder production. Houk hubcaps 1918 and earlier have an octagon for the wrench while 1920 and later Houk design is a recessed hexagon as this Roadster is carrying. Does anyone know which style Houk was offering for the 1919 model year? That would be for other makes of cars than Stutz.

Tail light on the Roadster is aftermarket along with a couple of other items.

19 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Ok, I have no idea what either of these are and hoping to learn  something new.

Anyone have an id on the roadster?

Bonus points if anyone can id the thing above the license plate.

image.png.2ab5513bf7cc546fbd02fe2c520201b0.png

WOW, Narrow whitewalls.