1963 Chrysler Turbine car Dashboard Gauges on ebay

I've got a set of dashboard gauges from a 1963 Ghia body Chrysler Turbine Car up for auction on ebay. The starting bid is set at $1000 and the auction will be lasting until March 10th. These gauges have not been refurbished and are completely original. If anyone has any further questions feel free to ask!

Link to ebay listing

20240222_190346.jpg

20240222_190419.jpg

20240222_190443.jpg

20240222_190504.jpg

Edited by DannyM (see edit history)

The seller has upped the starting bid to $1000 for some reason. I'm lucky to live in Michigan where we have several Turbine Cars on display in various museums: The Henry Ford, Gilmore, and the Stahl Collection. Chrysler owns two, but their museum closed several years ago, so those cars only come out for car shows. Either way, they're beautiful cars, and I'd love to own a set of gauges, but that's a little steep for me. 

15 hours ago, Aaron65 said:

The seller has upped the starting bid to $1000 for some reason. I'm lucky to live in Michigan where we have several Turbine Cars on display in various museums: The Henry Ford, Gilmore, and the Stahl Collection. Chrysler owns two, but their museum closed several years ago, so those cars only come out for car shows. Either way, they're beautiful cars, and I'd love to own a set of gauges, but that's a little steep for me. 

I would love to own those instruments. They would go very well with my Turbine car technical information book....

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 3/3/2024 at 8:01 AM, Aaron65 said:

The starting bid was raised because I had found that another set of gauges from a chrysler turbine sold in 2021 for $3500 PER GAUGE and was also advised by appraiser that my set is at a similar price point and not to sell myself short. This money is going towards purchasing my first home and times are tough so I can't afford to short myself.

5 minutes ago, JACK M said:

curious where that turbine outlet gauge lives.

My guess is it's either a from Satellite turbine prototype or a LeBaron turbine prototype. That 4th one is very unique because it looks like it was hand built on the fly out of whatever they had lying around, photos attached 

20240109_172937.jpg

20240109_172953.jpg

20240109_172924.jpg

9 minutes ago, JACK M said:

curious where that turbine outlet gauge lives.

Probably from a 1977 Turbine car....

1977 Turbine car.jpg

2 minutes ago, DannyM said:

My guess is it's either a from Satellite turbine prototype or a LeBaron turbine prototype. That 4th one is very unique because it looks like it was hand built on the fly out of whatever they had lying around, photos attached 

20240109_172937.jpg

20240109_172953.jpg

20240109_172924.jpg

The tag on this gauge also reads "Removed from car 671 11-25-74" but I haven't been able to find any info on this mystery car 671

• Like 2

My dad tried to get one during the trial but his daily driving didn't qualify for the trial but the local dealer that was participating in the trial let my dad test drive it around town with my brother and me in the back seat. I was about 12 at the time and was interested in planes and cars and this was like both to me. There was a guy in Indianapolis who owned one of, if not only operating turbine cars. I believe he was a former Chrysler official. He used to drive it to the swap meet held at Marian County Fair grounds,  near indy.  It was amazing watching and hearing it drive in.  It's impressive to hear it spool up, fire up and accelerate away. I saw one at Hershey about 20 years ago. 

I was impressed enough with turbine cars that I thought I could build one. I live near Akron, Ohio and back in the mid 70s I met a nephew of Art Arfons, who was breaking speed records at the time building turbine powered dragster. I bought a small military surplus, Aireserch turbine from them that was fun to fire up and play with but turned out to be more complicated than i thought to make that particular turbine power a car.