Need a Brass 90 degree Fitting for Fuel Pump to Gas Tank

Dan O

EDITED to show actual fitting needed.

I am in need,  fellow Buick enthusiasts - I had my fuel pump rebuilt and cannot find the brass 90 degree bar stock fitting that screws into the pump and connects to the fuel line.  It is 1.5" long.  I do not have any slack in my metal fuel line so I really want one like I had.

Does anyone have one they could part with? Mine is a 49 Roadmaster.  I tried Bob's to no avail.

430904283_7166113320109221_2975934341690856972_n.jpg

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)

I would take a close sample and see if your local hose house can help. They might need to use two fittings or order your fitting from a vendor. The one I use is open on Saturday they open at 8Am, I go in about 9Am  this gives the staff time to deal with folks working on Saturday. I look for the senior guy and we are usually on track quickly.  I have seen the fitting you need in the past I would like to think a hose house could help 

Steve

• Like 2

Looking at that photo, that elbow is pipe thread to pipe thread. You mentioned a metal line, so the line is probably double flare. Is it? If so, you could screw a straight double-flare-to-pipe fitting into that elbow, and it would both add some length and allow the metal line to connect properly. Maybe it would be enough length? If the line is indeed double flare, it won't connect without adding a fitting.

Anyhow, hope you can find the original type part you are looking for. Good luck.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Bloo said:

Bloo -  Yes, it's a double flare fitting - the photo is just to give an idea of the shape.  I looked for flared fittings at all my local parts houses and online a year ago and flared parts are hard to find these days as folks move to rubber lines. 

I will try a hose house I need to go to for another project, per Steve's advice.

• Like 2

I've used these "Yor-Lok" tube fittings very successfully.  Maybe you can research your fittings and thread and find one that will work?

Screenshot2024-02-28at10_57_07AM.png.85aca3709d7bb3f74f3a11ae3dda9138.png

Junkyard near my house has a 1949 Buick Super, Thompson's auto wrecking located in Chebanse, IL (next to Kankakee, IL) phone # 815-697-2223 ask for Glen OR Kevin the yard man.

They may have what you need

Bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NailheadBob said:

Junkyard near my house has a 1949 Buick Super, Thompson's auto wrecking located in Chebanse, IL (next to Kankakee, IL) phone # 815-697-2223 ask for Glen OR Kevin the yard man.

They may have what you need

Bob

Thank you, Bob - I got some help from Bob's Automobilia that helped me get the pump rebuilt - they found the part I sent them with the pump, or a replacement, and are sending it back to me. 

The moral of my story - Don't send brass fittings off with your part - they may not come back!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2