Sold - 1925 Cadillac Touring Project

For Sale: 1925 Cadillac 7 Passenger Touring

This 1925 Cadillac 7 passenger touring has been stored in a shed for about 50 years. The car was partially disassembled during an amateur restoration, some work was done, and then the car was stored in the shed. The owner passed away about 35 years ago and the son who is now in his 80’s has asked me to help him sell the car. There is a clear title in the current owner’s name.

The 1925 Cadillac is very straight and solid with no rust. The engine, transmission, and rear end have not ever been removed as far as I can tell. The engine turns freely with a hand crank and has compression. The wood is solid and some of it was replaced. The doors don’t sag and close solidly. There is a set of reproduced wooden top bows along with most of the original top bows. There are boxes of the parts that were removed and most of the small stuff seems to be there. There are some items missing including the seats, gauges, and clock. The speedometer is there.

Shown are photos of the parts found in the boxes and the car. I have found that the missing gauges, headlight lenses, etc. are currently (02/01/2024) available on eBay and probably other places. Please contact me for further information or questions. Inspection by appointment in Carson California 90810. Send questions or offers to stevepugh@verizon.net with subject line of "1925 Cadillac".

IMG_0961.JPEG

IMG_0962.JPEG

IMG_0963.JPEG

IMG_0966.JPEG

IMG_0968.JPEG

IMG_0972.JPEG

IMG_0981.JPEG

IMG_0957.JPEG

IMG_0959.JPEG

IMG_0960.JPEG

Edited by pughs (see edit history)

I hate to say it, but this is another one where you can find a older restoration, ready to use or at least close to ready to use. For much less work and money compared to bringing this one back to life. I like these cars a lot, but they don't sell for a lot of money even in drivable condition.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, pughs said:

1912Staver,

For some people driving or showing something that they had little to do with is the fun part. For others the creating and building is the fun part.

I agree , up to a point. I have a 1918 McLaughlin in much the same state, my fenders are worse than on this Cadillac. The same car as a 1918 Buick 6-45, just the Canadian version. But just rebuilding the engine and re wooding the wheels will cost as much as what I can buy a running, driving example for. it's not about the money ...up to a point. No one wants to have $50,000 or more into a $18,000 - $20,000 car. { realistic value of a decent condition 1918 Buick } Your friends Cadillac is more valuable as a finished car than my Buick. But I believe a similar cost to restore vs finished product market value ratio would apply.

I like this era of car. But I also realize the hobby car market in general does not hold them in very high value. There are exceptions , but very few. Newer than Brass era , but older than the Classics. It seems to be a very under valued era. The so called " nickel era "  .

• Like 3

Unfortunately, you are correct in that the nickel era  cars are not valued very highly. The interest in the whole range of pre-war cars seems to be waning and consequently the prices.  Young people don't relate to pre-war cars and most of these cars are not compatible with modern traffic. My cars are 1920's and 1930's models and all were in poor to horrible condition when I got them. My hobby has been less about resurrecting derelict cars and more about looking for missing parts. The treasure hunt was the biggest part of the fun when that meant going to swap meets and meeting fellow enthusiast. Less so now with few swap meets with 1920's parts. I find many parts that I need on the internet but it's not with the same pleasure.

• Like 6

Years ago, many people in the hobby called these the "ugly era" cars. No "bling". No shiny brass, not much nickel plating. While I prefer the earlier cars, the so-called "brass era", The late 1910s through the mid 1920s is a close second as far as I am concerned. I love the cars of these years. I enjoy working on them, and I love driving them! To me, they are beautiful!

• Like 3

I would love to someday own an early example of a Caddy V8 (is this still consider early?) Too bad this example is so far away. 

Question about the air filters, are they factory or an add on item?

• Like 1

Axial_Flow

Yes, the dual air cleaners are not factory original but a lot of things could have happened to it in 99 years. Maybe somebody thought it would help or maybe it would just be "cool". Why wait to someday own a  Cadillac V8. You can own this one now! This would be a great family project if you have kids. It would introduce a younger generation to pre-war cars and to treasure hunting parts..

Edited by pughs
add/fix text (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Attempted Scam???

Over the last several days I have gotten a series of emails from someone who said they wanted to buy the 1925 Cadillac and that they would send a bank cashiers check right away. Something about the offer didn't seem quite right. When I requested certain information from this buyer the emails stopped. Am I allowed to post this person's name and email on the forum?

36 minutes ago, pughs said:

Attempted Scam???

Over the last several days I have gotten a series of emails from someone who said they wanted to buy the 1925 Cadillac and that they would send a bank cashiers check right away. Something about the offer didn't seem quite right. When I requested certain information from this buyer the emails stopped. Am I allowed to post this person's name and email on the forum?

Absolutely scams!   Anyone who says they want to buy something for asking price without seeing it or asking any other questions is scamming.   I doubt the names you are seeing are their actual names.  Just ignore them in the future and block their email addresses.  

• 2 weeks later...

That seems like a very reasonable asking price for a high quality car like this. And what is actually quite a straight forward project .  Hopefully the right person takes interest and returns this Cadillac to the road.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • pughs changed the title to Sold - 1925 Cadillac Touring Project