For Sale: 1935 Ford Model 48 Convertible Sedan, 50K miles - $33,500 - Lakeville, MA  - Not Mine

For Sale: 1935 Ford Model 48 Convertible Sedan, 50K miles - $33,500 - Lakeville, MA

1935 Ford Model 48 for sale by owner - Lakeville, MA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1935 Ford Model 48, car has 50,755 miles. Comes with extra set of rims that were just sandblasted and powder coated. Spare complete engine as well. Car has been in the family for a few decades. $33,500 or best reasonable offer.
Copy and paste in your email: b62ef67977283cc58526c1f345963eda@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1935 Ford Model 48 Convertible Sedan.

'35 Ford Model 48 MA a.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA b.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA c.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA d.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA e.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA f.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA g.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA h.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA i.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA j.jpg

'35 Ford Model 48 MA k.jpg

• Like 5

Well, it is a drop top, but not exactly a sporty car. My father-in-law’s first car was one of these. I will let people who are more familiar with these cars comment on price, but you are getting extras including a complete engine.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 7th Son said:

This car features a non-Ford accessory trunk. May be a rare addition, but it certainly does not add to the overall design of the car.

Make your Ford as long as higher priced cars.  😁

• Haha 1

So we've heard it before and well you'll hear it again; the photos leave a lot to be desired. No engine pictures, no top down pictures, no complete dashboard pictures and only one picture of the right side.  The right rear tire is a blackwall so it doesn't match the other tires.  I believe this is a one size fits all type of front seat mount.  Meaning it's not adjustable so you can count me out as a buyer!  All the whitewall tires and the the top are dirty!  It may be a good deal for somebody who is into these cars.  A decent model 48 convertible with a spare flathead V8 and 4 powder coated spoke wheels for 33 grand. I'm not really into these cars but it doesn't seem to be too pricey to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deac said:

So we've heard it before and well you'll hear it again; the photos leave a lot to be desired. No engine pictures, no top down pictures, no complete dashboard pictures and only one picture of the right side.  The right rear tire is a blackwall so it doesn't match the other tires.

All the above screams estate sale offered by a non-car family member who installed the blackwall spare to roll it outside for the photos. It has been in the garage since the patriarch got old and sick, eventually dying.
The parts are what was found nearby in the garage.  

It might have a very interesting history, but all that is now lost because the kids weren’t interested in the cars.  
Warning - have an estate plan for your cars. Your heirs will thank you. 

This is a convertible sedan.  Lowering the top is a 15-20 minute job.  Up or down wrestling with it is similar to putting up or taking down a camping tent. 

• Like 5

At this price today you can get a phaeton in similar shape.  Or maybe a roadster if you shop.  Still not astronomical for an early open V8 Ford.  Not too long ago this would have been a screaming deal.  It should find a home though with a little give on price. 

The trunk would go next to my Model A trunk in the back corner of the shed though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

At this price today you can get a phaeton in similar shape.  Or maybe a roadster if you shop.  Still not astronomical for an early open V8 Ford.  Not too long ago this would have been a screaming deal.  It should find a home though with a little give on price. 

The trunk would go next to my Model A trunk in the back corner of the shed though. 

Your'e not wrong on this. If i recall right, I posted a Phaetom that with exchange would have been the same price and was in better condition.

• Like 1

Somebody tell me but probably 10 phaetons for every convertible sedan?   I like them but they are typically the least popular convertible body style.    I feel bad for people that end up having to deal with their dad or grandfather's cars and have no idea what they are doing.   Selling cars is hard.  Selling cars that haven't run in years is VERY hard.  Selling cars when you don't know what you are doing is impossible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Selling cars is hard.  Selling cars that haven't run in years is VERY hard.  Selling cars when you don't know what you are doing is impossible.

So true!

Robert

I’m surprised convertible sedans are less popular than a phaeton.  I’d have thought they would be more practical, but the same open car experience.  What do you think drives the value for a phaeton vs. a convertible sedan?   

9 minutes ago, DavidinCA said:

I’m surprised convertible sedans are less popular than a phaeton.  I’d have thought they would be more practical, but the same open car experience.  What do you think drives the value for a phaeton vs. a convertible sedan?   

Looks.  Sportiness.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DavidinCA said:

Price alone would have caused open car buyers to opt for the phaeton ($580) versus the convertible sedan ($750).  What is surprising is 6,073 of the former contrasted with 4,234 of the latter sold.  Even in that Depression year a substantial number of "low-priced-three" customers chose the convertible sedan, though it was the lowest of 1935 Ford body styles produced according to The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, edited by B. R. Kimes and H. A. Clark