Identify This Useful Tool

kidd65

I bought a box of stuff at a garage sale because I wanted the multi-meters in the box. When I got home and started looking through the rest of the stuff in the box I found this tool. I didn't know how it was used. When you squeeze the handles together like a pair of pliers the four prongs extend outward to form a larger square.

Eventually I used it to expand a rubber grommet to make it easier to feed wiring harness bundles through the grommet for the firewall. It worked great!

When I finally learned how the tool is used, it turned out I was kind of accidentally using it as the designer intended. But if you use it exactly as intended it is probably painful.

specialty tool 3.JPG

specialty tool 1.JPG

• Haha 1

Bander. Cattle. 
used to stretch a very small tight rubber band then place over horn or testicle sack.  The constriction eliminates blood flow then horn or sack dies, falls off. 
fairly popular technique in 60s and 70s. 

13 hours ago, kidd65 said:

I bought a box of stuff at a garage sale because I wanted the multi-meters in the box. When I got home and started looking through the rest of the stuff in the box I found this tool. I didn't know how it was used. When you squeeze the handles together like a pair of pliers the four prongs extend outward to form a larger square.

Eventually I used it to expand a rubber grommet to make it easier to feed wiring harness bundles through the grommet for the firewall. It worked great!

When I finally learned how the tool is used, it turned out I was kind of accidentally using it as the designer intended. But if you use it exactly as intended it is probably painful.

specialty tool 3.JPG

specialty tool 1.JPG

So why is this item on this auto forum? Do you realize that some of our wives look at this and they're probably going out right now and trying to find one. Guys, look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

When I was a kid my uncle in Medina OH would have me and my cousins help with the young bulls. two 2x4's and a hinge. My uncle would say ready, and we would go for a wild ride! CA boy had a lot of fun on the farm.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:07 AM, hook said:

So why is this item on this auto forum? Do you realize that some of our wives look at this and they're probably going out right now and trying to find one. Guys, look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately for me the divorce came though before she found one. 

Paul

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:46 PM, kidd65 said:

specialty tool 3.JPG

specialty tool 1.JPG

Elastrator.  Yep, used one.  Calf kicked his rear legs up, and ran around for a while like a bull in a rodeo with a cinch strap on.