For Sale: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop, 90K miles - $14,500 - Colorado Springs, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop, 90K miles - $14,500 - Colorado Springs, CO 

1966 ford ltd for sale by owner - Colorado Springs, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1966 Ford LTD 4-door hardtop, nice paint Reconditioned wheel well stainless, fox craft skirts, clear plastic seat cover, 352 v8 motor, runs good, super smooth, everything works as it should $14500. odometer: 90000
Copy and paste in your email: b4262bf6c99f3c81a9b5575bfcdbcf2d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4dr Hardtop.

'66 ford ltd CO a.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO ab.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO ac.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO ad.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO ae.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO af.jpg

'66 ford ltd CO ag.jpg

• Like 3

I agree with Rocketraider. This car has tons of grandma's-garage-find appeal. Then you see the skirts. They look very aftermarket to me. Even if they came on the car new, I'd take them off.

Love the car, though. Thanks for posting.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)

13 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

What? No comments about ripping those plastic seat covers off immediately.? 

They were part of the era. When's the last time you saw someone in shorts walking around with that waffle pattern on the backs of their legs? 

I can remember how sticky those things were in the summer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes! Lose the skirts! I like the ‘66 wheel covers better than ‘65 so I’d leave those. Great body style. I wonder if the white roof is how it came, or if there was a vinyl top on there. 

I own a ‘65 and I somewhat keep an eye on the market for these. I think the asking price is strong for a four door. It does look quite nice so maybe the right buyer will come along. 

1 hour ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Yes! Lose the skirts! I like the ‘66 wheel covers better than ‘65 so I’d leave those. Great body style. I wonder if the white roof is how it came, or if there was a vinyl top on there. 

I own a ‘65 and I somewhat keep an eye on the market for these. I think the asking price is strong for a four door. It does look quite nice so maybe the right buyer will come along. 

I thought it WAS a vinyl top until I saw the photos on a bigger screen. It'd look better if it was, IMHO.

Nice car, lose the fender skirts. 

'65/'66 LTD's are great-looking sedans.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, suchan said:

I thought it WAS a vinyl top until I saw the photos on a bigger screen. It'd look better if it was, IMHO.

Nice car, lose the fender skirts. 

'65/'66 LTD's are great-looking sedans.

Vinyl tops were an $83 option for four-door '66 Fords, so many LTD had them it almost seemed as if they were standard but weren't.  Two-tone paint was still available and if this car was sold new in Colorado, ordering a white painted roof was a better choice.  The dry climate and relentless bright sunshine dried out and cracked the vinyl very quickly if park outside much of the time.   

• Like 4

I like the seat covers. Era appropriate, and they actually might be more comfortable than the flat surface covers in my old '61, at least in warm weather. It's my impression that those old clear covers did a pretty good job keeping the original upholstery in nice condition, at least in the cars I've seen. The main thing you have to watch for is mold or mildew forming between the cover and the upholstery.