FS 1937 Buick Century Convertible/Rumble Seat

Mike is a good guy and the car went to a great home. I predict it will be running by next week.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Mike is a good guy and the car went to a great home. I predict it will be running by next week.  

Ed the old tires are dismounted, crankcase is drained, pan coming off in the morning, clean out the sump and inspect the bearings and it will be buttoned back up  by noon. Gas tank is off , fuel pump and carb kits on the way...  Wheel cylinders  and master next week.. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, mikewest said:

Ed the old tires are dismounted, crankcase is drained, pan coming off in the morning, clean out the sump and inspect the bearings and it will be buttoned back up  by noon. Gas tank is off , fuel pump and carb kits on the way...  Wheel cylinders  and master next week.. 

Can you work a little faster, Mike?  🙂

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, mikewest said:

Grimy, I going like a one armed paper hanger!

Me too……….

• Haha 2

Conformation of my one arm status……..next to a modern pony car………one of those fancy Italian jobs. The world’s top Ferrari show is every January in Palm Beach. Interesting assortment of cars and people. Similar to the Quail. This is a late 50’s Tour de France model. One of 36 built. I think it’s my favorite post war car I have seen so far. Great overall styling and very comfortable as far as the drivers compartment. Not exactly a beginners collector car.

IMG_4603.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

Conformation of my one arm status……..next to a modern pony car………one of those fancy Italian jobs. The world’s top Ferrari show is every January in Palm Beach. Interesting assortment of cars and people. Similar to the Quail. This is a late 50’s Tour de France model. One of 36 built. I think it’s my favorite post war car I have seen so far. Great overall styling and very comfortable as far as the drivers compartment. Not exactly a beginners collector car.

IMG_4603.png

@edinmass we're all looking forward to you being able to "get a grip" again....on "whatever".....

37 minutes ago, Grimy said:

@edinmass we're all looking forward to you being able to "get a grip" again....on "whatever".....

According to my loved ones, I have never "had a grip"........on much of anything. Especially sanity. It's the voices in my head that concern me the most. 😎 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, edinmass said:

According to my loved ones, I have never "had a grip"........on much of anything. Especially sanity. It's the voices in my head that concern me the most. 😎 

My good friend Tim has a T-shirt reading, "I do whatever the voices in my wife's head tell me to do."  Perhaps I can get you one....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikewest said:

This afternoon got the back of the car machine rubbed. I'm not happy with some pimples in the paint so when I get done I'm going to try sanding the areas worth 800 or 1000 and rerub.

20240126_170943.jpg

20240126_170904.jpg

20240126_170924.jpg

Mike,

The Buick is looking great!  What a great purchase!

Kent

• Like 1

I had a feeling that car was going to clean up pretty nice! I love the look of really old paint buffed up to a good shine.

Hey Ed, I see it is the right arm in a sling. Don't you know you are supposed to crank the T with your left?

I "say" that, however, in all honesty I have cranked my cars with my right hand for over fifty years now! It was the way I was taught, so even after I learned differently (and the reasons for it!) I never changed my ways. Never broke my arm. (So far????)