For Sale: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Hardtop - $7,500 - Maple Valley, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Hardtop - $7,500 - Maple Valley, WA

1968 ford galaxie 500 for sale by owner - Maple Valley, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Runs and drives good no rust lots of new parts and tires drive it anywhere.
Copy and paste in your email: a96387502d0d3fcd91556c102cdbf91c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Hardtop.

A plain vanilla Ford to drive to the DQ for a plain vanilla...

'68 Ford Galaxie WA a.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA b.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA c.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA d.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA e.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA f.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA g.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie WA h.jpg

• Like 3

Parked by feel?   Some paintless dent removal dollars might be a worthy investment for the seller.  This seems to be a rather inexpensive way to enjoy the old car hobby for the first time buyer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a friend with a very similar Galaxie back in about '72 or '73. Might have even been the more deluxe LTD model. Bought it cheap with the intent to flip. It was very clean but had a dinged fender that he repaired so you couldn't tell that it was ever damaged. He tried for months to sell it at a reasonable retail price, but, for some strange reason, no takers. He ended up parting it out and got his investment back selling the front clip. Selling the engine and transmission gave him the profit he was originally looking for. It was sort of sad seeing a nice, straight car like that being cannibalized right there in his driveway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Chrome air cleaner. Flow master mufflers in the trunk.  More than likely not treated well between stoplights.

Many many years ago someone gave me some excellent "used car advice". When looking at a car for sale, don't just look at the car. Look at and talk to the owner. Are they someone who is fastidious and takes car of their things? 

Those mufflers in the trunk would be red flag if I were looking at this car when it was 10 years old. Not so much now.....

Not always followed...we bought a Mini with a 5 speed for a guy in his 20s who lived on a hill in downtown San Francisco. Needed an expensive clutch soon after. 

14 hours ago, Fossil said:

Looks like two mufflers and a folding tool box to me. 

Yes, after I enlarged the picture I could see it might be a tool carrier.  Old eyes play tricks on me every now and then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Many many years ago someone gave me some excellent "used car advice". When looking at a car for sale, don't just look at the car. Look at and talk to the owner. Are they someone who is fastidious and takes car of their things? 

Those mufflers in the trunk would be red flag if I were looking at this car when it was 10 years old. Not so much now.....

Not always followed...we bought a Mini with a 5 speed for a guy in his 20s who lived on a hill in downtown San Francisco. Needed an expensive clutch soon after. 

Many years ago I installed chrome air cleaners and high flow dual exhaust. I was not nice between stoplights and the drag track.  Even in my 73 Estate Wagon.  These items always say to me.... abuse.  

• Like 1