1956 Pontiac Bonneville, not mine.

It's most likely a Star Chief 2 door hard top.  It's most likely been sitting based on the seller saying the fuel system needs to cleaned out.  I wonder how much the seller has modified this car as there are boxes for a carburetor and chrome valve covers amongst others!  The rust on the bumpers makes me suspicious about rust underneath.  The price makes me suspicious of other issues not seen in the pictures.

• Thanks 1

It's facebook, and they are widely known for not having appropriate make model and year options.  if the owner knew better he probably still couldn't do anything about it. I am not on facebook, so I have not experienced this myself. I have read enough ads where the seller was complaining about it in the text of the ad, that I am inclined to believe it.

• Like 3

"I'm thinking there was a Not Mine link to this exact same 1956 Pontiac in Topeka two years ago on this Forum. The price was $12K then."
I searched this forum. I think it's the one I included below. Unfortunately no photos. Hudsy Wudsy posted it. Maybe he remembers.

Here's a link to a '56 Star Chief that's for sale on Facebook. It's an attractive model:

Marketplace - 1956 Pontiac Star chief | Facebook

No photo description available.

Went on FB and looked at the seller's profile, photos, other stuff he's selling. He appears to be a flipper and buys and sells anything and everything he can get his hands on. 

Judging from the engine photo and the 3rd photo where it's alone in a dirt floor storage unit, it may be swiss cheese underneath.

5 minutes ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Oh...picky, picky, picky.   Just add a few thousand in new chrome, a few thousand in paint, a few thousand in the interior, and double that, or more, for mechanical repairs, and you'd have the best $50,000. '56 Pontiac driver in town, by 2035! 

You are pretty optimistic on that time line.🤨

• Haha 2