1949 DODGE WAYFARER ROADSTER US $23,995.00

I have a soft spot for these.   This looks like the side curtain model which would be the one to get or the 51 like Randy's was.   He can comment but his car was very nice and he had trouble getting close to this number.    I like what looks like the original paint.  Their pictures are not great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176041690315

THIS IS A COOL STORY, THIS DODGE WAS IN THE GARAGE FROM ABOUT 1970 TILL 2022 

IT SAT FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND WAS NOT USED AND WAS TUCKED AWAY FOR NEARLY 50 YEARS 

THE CAR IS VERY ORIGINAL AND WAS PUT AWAY

WE RESCUED THIS CAR AND DID THE COMPLETE MECHANICAL RESTORATION

NEWLY REBUILT MOTOR 

NEW GAS TANK 

NEW BRAKE SYSTEM (SHOES, CYLINDERS, MASTER CYLINDER, THE WHOLE DEAL! )

REBUILT RADIATOR 

NEW CLUTCH 

THE CAR HAS SIDE CURTAIN WINDOWS FROM THE FACTORY WHICH IS SO COOL! 

ORIGINAL PAINT AND ORIGINAL INTERIOR

DRIVER SEAT IS FALLING APART

I DROVE THIS CAR ABOUT 3 MILES SINCE THE RESTORATION AND DRIVES WELL. 

NEEDS NEW TIRES AND SOME DIALING IN TO BE PERFECT BUT IS 95$ THERE

THE ORIGNAL MOTOR WAS FROZEN AND SEIZED

SO WE PUT IN A BRAND NEW REBUILT FLATHEAD 6 ENGINE

NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM INSTALLED ENGINE TO TAIL

CAR TURNS HEADS LIKE YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE 

THIS CAR IS A TIME CAPSULE THAT RUNS AND DRIVES

THESE EARLY MOPAR CONVERTIBLES ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND HARD TO FIND IN THIS UNMOLESTED CONDITION.

516 233 7788

CAR IS LOCATED IN LONG ISLAND NY 11735 

I CAN HELP ASSIST IN LOADING ON A CAR CARRIER AND HELP WITH SHIPPING OVERSEAS OR ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET .

GIVE ME A CALL 

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN! 

s-l1600.jpg.01a2850702ee45c7e5a5c8da0d95be88.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg.9a8288aa4794043eaafa8ae495d5a9d2.jpgs-l1600.jpg.4cb3e5cefa9b1f927537fe905b22e320.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg.84ae2dc124cb0a6da203305fd6306824.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• alsancle changed the title to 1949 DODGE WAYFARER ROADSTER US $23,995.00

Sad to say but I think it's a 12000-15000. car.  These are cool cars ,  but just not hot collectables.  Originality is a plus,  but the paint is close to being done.  I could get a little more life out if it,  probably but that would take a close inspection.  

Bonus that the mechanics were done.  If it's really rot free.  Maybe 15000 if someone really wants it.  The screwed on rear fender spear is not real encouraging.  I would have replaced that before trying to sell the car.  It's not Roadster specific.  

I also wouldn't have used the photos of the grande guy trying to exit the car and crumpling what ever is left of the original upholstery.  

We'll see what price they have it at in the spring. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

$25,000 is a real stretch for a 49 Dodge.  You could drive it as is if in fact everything that has been claimed to be done is in fact done.  Even a roadster in the current condition might bring $12,000 as auburnseeker has suggested but I thing given the cosmetic costs still to come that $8,000 to $10,000 is more likely. And I suspect almost anyone who would spend that kind of money to get it would not be happy without at least an interior and paint refresh if not replacement.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yellow1301 said:

odd that the passenger side has the wing window but the driver's side has the side curtain set up without the wing window.    

Yes, except that this was the configuration of the plug-in side windows part way through the 1949 production.  Initially, it was the one-piece plug-in style with no vent window.  Customer complaints about ventilation from windshield fogging and no venting for the smoker made them develop this style.  Next was the complaint about how to hand signal turns with a plug-in window, so the roadsters got permanent vents and roll-down windows...which made them a convertible coupe...   These claimed the title of "lowest-priced convertible in American" disregarding the Willys Jeepsters.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yellow1301 said:

odd that the passenger side has the wing window but the driver's side has the side curtain set up without the wing window.    

Does the wing window come off as part of the assembly? With the main glass?

7 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Does the wing window come off as part of the assembly? With the main glass?

Yes, the vent window was within the plug-in frame.  The roadster was an answer to a question no one ask...  But the all-steel Suburban was a major hit.  

Ever wonder why the "lowest-priced convertible in America" wasn't a Plymouth, rather than a Dodge?

• Thanks 1

THE ORIGNAL MOTOR WAS FROZEN AND SEIZED
SO WE PUT IN A BRAND NEW REBUILT FLATHEAD 6 ENGINE

OH Yeah we forgot to post any pictures of the motor cuz we were too busy taking shitty pics of the rest of the 24K car.

But we got a good picture of a guy trying to bail out of the car with his arm covered in grease.
Edited by marty14 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6