1941 Buick Super Series 50 - $8,250 (Paris, Pa / Weirton, Wv)

deac

Cool old cruiser great candidate for restoration or enjoy it how it is. Mostly original 1941 Buick Super Series 50 4 door touring sedan. Straight 8 248 C.I. 3 on the tree. Original 6 volt system still with all lights working as they should. I'm told from previous owner paint is mostly original, it appears there have been some touch ups in door jams and other small places. There are some spots where paint has been washed or polished thru over the years on the roof and trunk lid.. Car runs, drives, and stops, drove it home about 30 miles when purchased last summer. Interior is complete. Radio doesn't work but it does light up. Clock in dash doesn't seem to work. And I've removed the gear on the speedo cable since it needs changed and can be very noisy when driving. New front and rear sway bar links and rear shock links. Just looking to get the space back in my garage. Don't need to sell but I'd rather someone else enjoy it while I tend to other project. Don't need help selling. Not willing to ship. Cash is king.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/colliers-1941-buick-super-series-50/7673190213.html

I do not own this car and I have no stake in the sale

1941 Buick Super Series 50 1

00b0b_5bkraZgj6NA_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

00n0n_kj8E8QAmTxx_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

00r0r_9vapLivHbVT_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

00L0L_ccYJNXYcO5Y_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

00U0U_1qYAvdX1mzt_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

00l0l_jsgS7Hdg6if_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

00K0K_ddJ11s892zm_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

00M0M_14daKDQODzB_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

00j0j_fut8TH8Urk0_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_6NnfBMJi542_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

00m0m_DOKJmKU7xg_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Nice looking car. My only concern would be the original wiring, but the price is low enough that if you did the work yourself, I don't think that you would be underwater. Until that is done, I would never leave home without a fire extinguisher. 

As an owner of the same model Buick, I would say this is a screaming deal!  Some additional photos would be nice, but based on what I see here and assuming the information in the ad is on the level, this would be a great car for someone looking to get into the hobby without spending too much money.

• Like 3

I am new here, so hi everyone! In my opinion '41 and '42 Buicks are among best looking immediate pre war car designs. I've been searching for one of these cars for some time, but cannot find anything in good shape and reasonably priced here in Europe. This car looks really good and I would love to buy it. Problem is I am not from USA. I've send e-mail to owner, but he did not reply. Maybe this is fake ad? I would greatly appreciate if someone on the forum would contact the seller to find out if the car is still for sale at all or is there really such a car?

Thank you, Andrew.  I contacted the seller of the '41 Super.  His response was as follows:

"It is still available. I had no idea it had been posted to a forum.  There have been a few people interested,  some just keep kicking the tires and contacting me, but none close enough to really look at without planning a whole day around it. I don't believe I received an email from Andrew, if I didn't respond it was by mistake."

I suggest you try again to send him an email through the Craigs List system.  The email address is:

91f148a92a9e3ae983623cfa3c14c915@reply.craigslist.org

On 10/27/2023 at 11:45 PM, Andrew_Latvia said:

I am new here, so hi everyone! In my opinion '41 and '42 Buicks are among best looking immediate pre war car designs. I've been searching for one of these cars for some time, but cannot find anything in good shape and reasonably priced here in Europe. This car looks really good and I would love to buy it. Problem is I am not from USA. I've send e-mail to owner, but he did not reply. Maybe this is fake ad? I would greatly appreciate if someone on the forum would contact the seller to find out if the car is still for sale at all or is there really such a car?

You can ask one of the members here to go and look if its not to far ( pay for his gas ) If he says its OK send 500$ as downpayment and send the rest to the shipping company who will pay him when its picked up .I did this in the past .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neil morse said:

Thank you, Andrew.  I contacted the seller of the '41 Super.  His response was as follows:

"It is still available. I had no idea it had been posted to a forum.  There have been a few people interested,  some just keep kicking the tires and contacting me, but none close enough to really look at without planning a whole day around it. I don't believe I received an email from Andrew, if I didn't respond it was by mistake."

I suggest you try again to send him an email through the Craigs List system.  The email address is:

91f148a92a9e3ae983623cfa3c14c915@reply.craigslist.org

Thank You! I really appreciate Your help! I will try to cantact seller again.

7 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

You can ask one of the members here to go and look if its not to far ( pay for his gas ) If he says its OK send 500$ as downpayment and send the rest to the shipping company who will pay him when its picked up .I did this in the past .

Thanks for Your advice! I have never bought a car unseen, let alone from USA, so i am a bit concerned how to do it right, without disappointments. If anyone from forum who's living nearby can go and take a look at the car in person, it would be perfect. 

Edited by Andrew_Latvia (see edit history)

@Andrew_Latvia Hi Andrew, I got the following message from the seller:

"Andrew has been in touch with me but when I send replies and pictures they get kicked back to me. I'm not sure if he's getting my emails."

Have you received any of the messages from the seller?  I told him that might have better luck if he would just use his actual email account and not go through the Craigslist system.  I have a feeling that might be the problem.  I would send you a private message, but I don't think you have enough posts to be able to use the private message system.

Andrew, I sent you a private message with the email address of the seller.  I'm pretty sure you can receive private messages even if you can't send one.  Please report back here whether you got it or not.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, neil morse said:

@Andrew_Latvia Hi Andrew, I got the following message from the seller:

"Andrew has been in touch with me but when I send replies and pictures they get kicked back to me. I'm not sure if he's getting my emails."

Have you received any of the messages from the seller?  I told him that might have better luck if he would just use his actual email account and not go through the Craigslist system.  I have a feeling that might be the problem.  I would send you a private message, but I don't think you have enough posts to be able to use the private message system.

Thank You! Got PM from You! I'll try to contact him through his actual e-mail address.

I sent him an message to his craigslist address, asking for more detailed photos, he replied, that it will take some days. As I didn't get any more messages, I wrote him again yesterday, asking if he managed to take those photos. I guess then he contacted You.

• Like 1

Still Available, Unchanged Price $8,250: 11-4-2023. - This posting has been deleted by its author. 11-21-1012.

1941 Buick Super series 50 for sale by owner - Colliers, WV - craigslist
Copy and paste in your email: 4d943a41edda3df4aa005f5f820ae9b2@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 11-21-2023. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...