For Sale: 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - $18,500 - Spokane, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - $18,500 - Spokane, WA

1968 mercury cougar for sale by owner - Spokane, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Clean J code 302 4v. West coast car Front disc. AM/FM cassette. Runs and looks great.
Copy and paste in your email: c46e2fb480c5367ca859800159aebeea@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7.

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA a.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA b.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA c.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA d.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA e.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA f.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA g.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA h.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA i.jpg

'68 Cougar XR-7 WA j.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Coupe to Coupe yes, but a mustang fastback is better looking.

I found the cougar guys have a weird complex about mustangs.

I agree, my brother in law had a '66 2+2 Mustang that he bought in about 1970 and that was a very sharp looking car. Silver with black interior. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:53 PM, alsancle said:

When I owned my completely original 427GTE I was looking for a perfect original car to borrow interior pieces from.  My car had the same red interior.  This would have been pricey but perfect for the door panels, rug and seats.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2547.jpg

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2556.JPG

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2562.jpg

Seriously the coolest cat, a real 427 GT-E! Only ever seen one up here in Canada. That was back in the early 70's. It came from Montreal Quebec and was for sale in Halifax Nova Scotia for far more money than I could scrape up. Do you have any engine pics to show?

19 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Seriously the coolest cat, a real 427 GT-E! Only ever seen one up here in Canada. That was back in the early 70's. It came from Montreal Quebec and was for sale in Halifax Nova Scotia for far more money than I could scrape up. Do you have any engine pics to show?

Here is the rub,  it came with the vin stamped transmission but no engine which has been donated to a Cobra replica.   All the blocks were cast in a single lot in August of 1967 and I was able to get the correct one.  The hard part was the "J" heads which eventually found.   Read all about it from my for sale advertisement from 15 years ago.  Btw,  I obviously gave the car away as the first guy that called took it.   I got 30 more calls in 24 hours trying to give me more money.  

http://home.townisp.com/~alsancle/GTE.html

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2535.JPG

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2537.JPG

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2538.JPG

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, alsancle said:

Here is the rub,  it came with the vin stamped transmission but no engine which has been donated to a Cobra replica.   All the blocks were cast in a single lot in August of 1967 and I was able to get the correct one.  The hard part was the "J" heads which eventually found.   Read all about it from my for sale advertisement from 15 years ago.  Btw,  I obviously gave the car away as the first guy that called took it.   I got 30 more calls in 24 hours trying to give me more money.  

http://home.townisp.com/~alsancle/GTE.html

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2535.JPG

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2537.JPG

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2538.JPG

That's quite a car! Thanks for reposting!

• Like 1