Finally took the Auburn speedster out for a test drive

auburnseeker

A summer long ordeal to get the paperwork in order,  but I finally had a chance to get the Auburn out and take it for a test drive on the road. ( Had to do something fun since I can't make Hershey.)

It was just a couple of miles for the initial drive,  but got it up to 55 where the flat spots in the tires finally worked out and it started to behave fairly well. 

I will have to take her out again today for a little longer test drive and continue to check things over to make sure everything is behaving and make a list of stuff that needs more investigation/tending to  over the winter. 

image.jpeg.5ee3411b65433d5aa5ed2b694370a88e.jpegimage.jpeg.e408d458bfdc636624bcd9a86da74465.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Well yesterday I took the Auburn out again and went to give the wife her first ride.  Went down to the main rd.  Couldn't go right because there was construction.  Went a different rte,  and got behind a line painting truck,  so I pulled off and turned around.  Hit more construction ,  then finally made it back home.  That was in less than 2 miles.  LOL

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Took it back out today and brought the wife along for a better ride.  Didn't get stuck in construction or line painting.  Actually seemed to perform fairly well,  but I think it's running hotter than it should.   It was about 10 miles round trip.

Wayne,  I think I need to pull the brakes all apart before I trust running it down to the village.  That's alot of descent.  I want to make sure they are 100% before I make that trek.  It seems to stop well,  but the pedal seems kind of High and hard to me. Seems like it should have more travel. 

I actually got home and decided I should pull the Plymouth out and give that a run.  It's been parked for 11 months and is behind the Auburn. Fired right up with a little prime and ran well.  I ran it about 10 miles.  Quite a different feel driving that after driving the Auburn.    I really need to get the new tires on it.  I think that will really improve the ride. 

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

• Like 11

Just now, edinmass said:

Drive them like you stole them.

I am still waiting for a ride in the other Auburn.

I drive them more like the little engine that could.  Slow and steady.  :) 

Well that's kind of how you have to drive the Plymouth.  Not so much the Auburn.   I only took that up to 60.  I want to get comfortable with the way it drives and learn it's quirks before I push it. 

• Like 6