1928 Dodge Bros 3 ton Truck for Sale

Scott Goldhammer

15 hours ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

Complete truck but in pieces, Located in Oregon.

Welcome to the forum, but we need more info.

Can you tell if it's a dump truck, school bus, stakebed etc...? 

As mentioned photos, price, exact location and contact info is needed. 

Frame/serial # and what type of engine would also be helpful to anyone interested.

Good luck with the sale.

Dave

On 9/15/2023 at 7:33 AM, Scott Goldhammer said:

This truck had a flat bed on it. The old guy I got it from used to haul logs on it.

I will be traveling next week but will gather photos and other info when I return.

I have be told the engine is a Senior Six,

Thanks for the update, Scott.

You sound quite busy, ... when you do get time to post photos can you also measure the wheelbase from center to center of axles, give us an idea of the engine # and frame # so we can update it in our database of trucks for the Dodge Brothers Club? Also, if you're not a member yet, I'd encourage you to consider joining in order to contact others with similar trucks that might be able to help you better as you go on this journey. There are not many Senior Six engine trucks in the data base at this point so each one that we can add will possibly help answer other questions. I'm excited for the photos and anything else you can share with us...

Dodge Brothers Club website:

Dodge Brothers Club

Regards
Dave

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

serial number on cowl.jpg

Definitely not a 1928. That serial number is for a 2 ton model according to a 1930 confidential bulletin, so the truck is from 1931-33 era. The truck body and front gril also confirm 31-33 era.

What's the number on the engine block? 

image.png.7e33483304ff034a64150ddeeebcb4aa.png

According to model charts it looks like its a F41 with the Z engine.

Rare bird...Congrats!

Dave

image.png.5b94401750c8f68c313b367e61ee54b4.png

1 hour ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

The tag on the block is gone.

You won’t find a tag. Should be four-six digits stamped into the block, I believe on the passenger side below the exhaust manifold. May have a letter for the first digit.

1 hour ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

Number stamped on block is Z-2264

Thats part of the proof you'll need to title and register it correctly someday as a 1933-34 model (more than likely since it was so late in the serial# range).

If I were you I would send an email to the Chrysler Museum to see if they have the build card on file that might show the exact date of build. You just need to provide proof of ownership.

Any indication what type of bed/body was on the back part of the frame? I don't see anything in your photos that indicate anything specific although the reflectors caught my attention. 

Very, very rare truck. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

I am moving and just need the truck to find a new home.

I hate to scrap it,

There you go @keiser31  @JACK M  @E-116-YH  @stakeside  @Bob Scafani  or @Jack Bennett 

I'm sure between you fellas in that part of the country you know someone that needs a Z F41 ;) 

I am rebuilding a 1928 Fargo Express Panel, and I am looking for a transmission and a drive shaft. The engine you have shown is similar to mine and I wonder if the bell housing would fit. Seems as though you have some good stuff, and I need lots of good stuff for my panel. Would you measure the distance between the holes in the bell housing which mates with the rear of the engine and PM me to see if it fits. I am in Lakewood,Washington, but, if the transmission fits, and the price is right, I’ll make the trip to Oregon to pick it up. Thanks……

Jack

11 hours ago, Scott Goldhammer said:

So I take that there is no interest in this truck?

Most of us reading this are very interested in it, but lets face it, most of us are not close and those that are close either have other projects, limited space, or the project may just be too much for others. I hope someone who has the space and a good size trailer steps up to salvage the parts at the minimum, but if you need them out quickly before a move it may mean the inevitable as I believe there is a limited audience for this truck.

If I was closer I'd buy it just to save it. Even though I don't have the space, I would make space and try to find a long term buyer, but that kind of talk is useless in your situation. Hopefully someone reading this sees it in time. 

Can you please give the readers some sort of deadline of when the parts need to be out and some sort of price so we know if we have a chance at it or not?

Good luck

Dave

Hi Scott,

My thoughts are along the same lines as others here.

Not really looking for a project at this time. However, I am fairly close to you. 

I guess if it was offered for free just to get it gone, I would be the sucker.

Best of luck, Jack

Amazing.... 

Incredible kindness and respect for DB truck history. 

Thank you Scott for even posting it and your consideration for it's history. I'm speechless.

@JACK M kudos just the same. Please be sure the parts remain with the rest of the truck for the next owner if you decide it's too much to deal with. You will be tempted to part out but please don't. If you decide to pass let us know so others in the area may have a chance at salvaging it also. I'm even tempted to drive from Phoenix AZ to Oregon but it's just not a reality with my work schedule.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...