1951 Hudson Commodore 6, not mine.

I don't know if it's original or not but I like it. That's saying a lot because I normally am not a fan of these cars. This one would look good parked in the driveway. I wonder how they drive? 

42 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I like these step downs, but don't know enough about them, so I'll ask:  that's not an original paint scheme, right? I ask because the recently posted '51 Ford Crestliner also had a two tone paint scheme, apparently original.

It's a nice car but it's not an original paint scheme. The side trim above the body crease is not correct either. The rear bumper is painted silver and it should be shiny chrome like the front bumper. Definitely an eye catcher but apparently the restoration is not quite authentic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The 55er said:

It's a nice car but it's not an original paint scheme. The side trim above the body crease is not correct either. The rear bumper is painted silver and it should be shiny chrome like the front bumper. Definitely an eye catcher but apparently the restoration is not quite authentic.

The trim looks painted on, definitely not original. Nice car , but done to the owners tastes.

00H0H_6RYBoollmf9_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

The chrome "pork chop" trim piece is missing along with the related stainless mouldings that extend all the way up the sides to the Commodore 6 badge on the front fender at the wheel opening. The maroon could be correct but there's no bright white color on any 1951 Hudson paint chips that I have so I don't believe the white is an authentic color.

IMG_1670.JPG

• Like 1

On the other hand, I have a 1951 Commodore 6 that spent its first 50 years in Montana. There has not been a single stuck bolt, nut, or screw and not a spot of anything beyond a spot of mild surface rot on that car. It puts a lot of California cars to shame.

• Like 2