Motormeter ornament information sought

I have this motormeter - looks more like a hood ornament/mascot but hidden inside is the glass tube that is the thermometer .

No mention anyplace on it of who the manufacturer was. It is chrome plated so I am guessing made in the 1930-32 era. 4 inches tall to tip of feather, 7 inches long tip of beak to tip of tail.it is cast in zinc based white metal  Anyone have an idea as to who made it?

MotormeterBIRD side.jpg

Motormeter REAR bird.jpg

• Like 4

Don

Neither have I , and I have been looking at this stuff for over 50 years. Never saw it in any publication of the era either.

Didn't know it was a motor meter as it came with a bunch of other car mascots and you didn't really see the thermometer (the glass) until you looked at it through the wings in the back. Fortunately the metal casting of the bird is in excellent shape with no cracks and plating is good, haven't cleaned it just wiped the dust off.

Really curious item. Odd, I love odd.😬  Just so neat to have fellow enthusiasts see things and get their input/opinions.

Walt

• Like 3

3 hours ago, keiser31 said:

probably not for any particular make.

I agree totally, a "fancy" accessory for a regular working guys car to make it look  special.

thanks for the comments everyone, appreciate that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe Moto-Meter did make a somewhat similar ornament.  I've seen some for sale on eBay.  The Moto-Meter cap has the look of a V shape set of wings on top of a pedestal.  The wings remind me of the flying wing bomber of the USAF from the 40's/50's (??).  It also has a glass meter tube visible from the rear of the ornament.🤔

Captain Harley😉

"Skirts are for Women not Car Fenders"