My big souvenir from Spokane.... a 1949 Buick Super

wildcatsrule

I went to the National meet with no intentions of buying a car, but this one spoke to me. It is perfect in its imperfections!

Love the patina. It runs decent-the motor doesn't smoke, the transmission shifts good and best of all it is rock solid-no body filler at all. It is a black plate California car.

The plan is to make it mechanically reliable, put a matte clear coat over the patina, throw a couple of blankets over the seats and drive it!

This is my first 1940's car-should be a lot of fun!IMG_2107(1).jpeg.694eca83813556a42ecd30518a41c232.jpeg 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wildcatsrule said:

The plan is to make it mechanically reliable, put a matte clear coat over the patina, throw a couple of blankets over the seats and drive it!

Sounds like a plan!  My only suggestion would be to skip the clear coat and just give it periodic WD-40 rubdowns.  I suspect the clear will just cause problems later.  Use the money you'll save to buy more gas!  ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like an awesome car! Great find too. Of all the vintage cars I have only one I went looking for all others have been found as you discovered this one, by accident and with intention of buying a car. Sometimes, like you described I find a car just "speaks" to me and I end up bringing it home.

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1