Vintage & Classic Reproductions In Brisbane - Going Out Of Business

I purchased several items for my 1926 Coupe and the quality is excellent. Don't forget the currency exchange rate so don't be shocked by their prices until you figure in the rate. I put another order in for the rubber step plate mats but they were sold out. Here is the response I received from Rosemary Smith today:

Bill,

We are going to produce one more lot of Dodge mats – these will be approx. 4-6  weeks before they are ready – will hold your order until then and send both parts at that stage.

If you know any other Dodge owners who want them let them know this will be the last time we produce this mat. – Only doing a limited number.

Enjoy your weekend.

Rosemary

Yours in Vintage Motoring

Glenn and Rosemary Smith

It will be a sad day when we lose another vendor......

• Like 1

This is a very sad situation, Glenn and Rosemary have dedicated many years to producing first class replacement castings, many unavailable anywhere else. The standard achieved takes time and skills rarely found, unfortunately the business found no buyers so is closing down.

A huge thank you to both Glenn and Rosemary for all they have done for our benefit. 

• Like 2

Very sad to see but we are all getting older and the younger generation has no interest in working hard for a decent dollar. It seems they want to work less for more dollars. So it’s very hard to pass on any old trade to younger people. Glenn and Rosemary are such lovely people to deal with. 
They sold me the dies and plans for the luggage rack for peanuts when you look at the quality of what Glenn had made. 
I have bought quite a few bit from them and everything is always perfectly reproduced. 

Never bought anything from them, but seen them at AU swap meets.

Started mid 1980's. So about 2023-1985=38 years.

Web site

https://vintageandclassicreproductions.com/

https://vintageandclassicreproductions.com/about-us/

Vintage and Classic Reproductions started in the mid-1980s and has evolved into the business you see today, proudly Australian owned and operated.  Vintage and Classic Reproductions has established itself as a market leader by providing quality reproduction parts, within Australia and worldwide.  We produce parts for 60 different makes of cars, ranging from Auburn, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Holden, Hupmobile, Oakland, Oldsmobile, Packard, Pontiac, Reo, Marmon, Studebaker and Stutz to name a few. Our expert skills allow us to reproduce items that are not made elsewhere in the world, some of these are the U2 and UX2 Stromberg Updraft Carburettors, Stewart vacuum tank tops, Hood rests, Trunk hinges and latches, hubcaps to name a few.

We also produce splined handles that suit Buick, Chrysler, Marmon, Nash, Oakland, LaSalle, Ruxton, Stutz, Willys Knight and many more.

We have our own Investment Casting Foundry that was set up in 2010 to produce all our own parts in Brisbane, Australia.  Due to the fact we make all our own moulds (dies) and produce the parts we can reproduce many new parts in smaller quantities.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

8 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

That's easy. Move the fence over and let the cows mow your lawn. That way you get to shoot one for crop damage. You get to enjoy killing something and have some steaks to boot.

I left the gate open to the veggie garden once and I was the one that nearly got shot. We only have 3 cows so there wasn’t too much damage. They are not allowed on my lawn.