1914 Plates Cars in White Plains -- can they be identified?

Interesting.  Those are young, well-dressed, probably prosperous men driving upscale cars in very good condition in 1914.  But the cars are all gas-lit.  Cadillac hadn't built a gas-lit car since 1911, and the other makes were probably electric-lit by 1913.  I'd have thought that those folks would have been driving the latest and best.

9 hours ago, oldcarfudd said:

Interesting.  Those are young, well-dressed, probably prosperous men driving upscale cars in very good condition in 1914.  But the cars are all gas-lit.  Cadillac hadn't built a gas-lit car since 1911, and the other makes were probably electric-lit by 1913.  I'd have thought that those folks would have been driving the latest and best.

1914 plates issued mid or late 1913?? So the cars are 1912 or 1913 models, I think the change to electric lights was a little gradual and you could stay with gas lights if you chose to.

11 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

1914 plates issued mid or late 1913?? So the cars are 1912 or 1913 models, I think the change to electric lights was a little gradual and you could stay with gas lights if you chose to.

All of the cars shown do not have front doors which was very typical of the period prior to 1911 - 1912.  Many car body styles changed in the 1911 - 1912 time frame and went from  a "step side" design to a "slab side" or smooth body side panels.  All of the cars shown are 1910 - 1911 (or earlier) in my opinion based on the body style shown.  I also now believe the second car from left is a Hudson Model 20.

10 hours ago, modela28 said:

All of the cars shown do not have front doors which was very typical of the period prior to 1911 - 1912.  Many car body styles changed in the 1911 - 1912 time frame and went from  a "step side" design to a "slab side" or smooth body side panels.  All of the cars shown are 1910 - 1911 (or earlier) in my opinion based on the body style shown.  I also now believe the second car from left is a Hudson Model 20.

Maybe the cars are hand-me-downs? The families have bought new 1913-14 models with electric lights and starting - and front doors - and the junior generation have inherited the cast-offs to drive to college.