Chromer in New England

yachtflame

My Chromer of 20 years has finally had enough. Between the town inspectors, EPA, OSHA, and losing his workers during COVID, he’s thrown in the towel. He’s finishing up my current pile of parts but isn’t taking on any more. So now I’m looking for another Chromer in New England. I prefer someone close enough to Springfield MA that I can drive to without having to pack a lunch and dinner.

If anyone can recommend a good shop in CT, RI, NH,VT, MA or Upstate NY that is reasonable, please pass on the info.

I have about 50 pieces to send out and need to find a reputable facility soon!

8 hours ago, Gary_Ash said:

D&S Plating in Holyoke MA is a good shop. Quality work but I don’t think they do bumpers. 

I’ve used them in the past and they are/were great. Quite expensive but artists. They have changed hands since COVID and one of the workers took the shop over. It’s now just two guys and though they still do artist work, they are back logged over a year.

I’m looking for something a bit faster. My past guy would turnaround in 10-14 days but he’s working on my last batch of parts. As of today,  I have close to 60 parts needing plating.

I used the company that is called Berkshire Manufacturing Co now.

I think that it was called something else when I used it.

I think that the man that did the plating was not the owner of the company but rather a sub contractor that used thier facilites ?

Anyway the chrome has started pitting even though it has always been kept inside and waxed.

Make sure that you take pic's of all items that you send to the chrome shop. Keep one copy for yourself and give the other one to the plater so that he can look for any missing piises when he assmbles them for delivery.

This came in handy when they misplaced one of my parts.

There is a place in Holyoke Ma. that does very fine plating I'm not sure of the name but you can tell them apart from others by the very high price that he charges.

Edited by R Walling (see edit history)