For Sale: 1941 Studebaker President Eight Skyway Land Cruiser - Ambitious Project - $8,000 - Clint, TX - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,000: 5-13-2024.

For Sale: 1941 Studebaker President Eight Skyway Land Cruiser - Ambitious Project - $8,000 - Clint, TX - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,000: 5-13-2024. See New Link Below.
1942 Studebaker President - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This is a great car to restore, it is 90% complete. As far as I can tell the radio and the trunk release handle are missing.  The body is almost perfect, meaning that there are virtually no dents in the body and only surface rust. The rear fender on the passenger side is dented. You need to see it to see how nice the car is. I would like to have the buyer restore the car rather than see a street rod made out of it, but that will be your call. The engine is the original flat head straight eight that turns over and was running when I purchased it 2yrs. ago. The odometer reading may or may not be correct. It has not been fired up since. If you have any questions please call me as texting does not convey information very well. Thanks. Also to purchase please: In person and cash only.
Copy and paste in your email: e51cfc1cf96a3f6e944b41e85712cd98@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1941 Studebaker President Eight Skyway Land Cruiser - Ambitious, Worthwhile Project.

Note: The 1941 Studebaker President Eight Skyway Land Cruiser 4dr Sedan was the topline model at $1,260.  The production for all three 1941 Studebaker President Eight body styles was 6,994 cars.   Richard Quinn, editor emeritous of the "Antique Studebaker Review", publication of the Antique Studebaker Club, researched the production orders for all 1938 through 1942 Studebaker Commanders and Presidents.  Mr. Quinn reported in his article titled "How Many Were Made? A Statistical Breakdown of President and Commander Production 1938-1942"  July/August 2009, pages 18-24.  Production for the 1941 Studebaker President Skyway Land Cruiser, Model 7C, Body Symbol B7 was 1,251 cars.    Although no number of survivors of this model have been reported, perhaps a dozen cars in all states of condition would be a realistic assumption.

Here is a Curbside Classics article on the 1941-'42 Studebaker President Skyway models:

Curbside Classic: 1941 Studebaker President Skyway Cruising Sedan – The Ex President | Curbside Classic

'42 Studebaker President LC TX a.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX b.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX c.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX d.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX e.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX f.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX g.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX h.jpg

'42 Studebaker President LC TX i.jpg

'41 Studebaker President Skyway LC advert.png

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,000: 5-13-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

The group seems to feel that this model is much loved, but not at the price. So why should I get involved? Because I own one and a parts car too. Unfortunately this car is in no-man's land. To make it short and sweet, there have been too many 41's saved for which the demand does not exist today. Pre-war fans are leaving the market daily. In addition the resources required to put this car back on the road make it a non-starter for most guys. Don't get me wrong it's a great car, but reality sucks! 

Edited by Buffalowed Bill (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1941 Studebaker President Eight Skyway Land Cruiser - Ambitious Project - $8,000 - Clint, TX - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,000: 5-13-2024.

Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,000: 5-13-2024.

1941 Sutdebaker President for sale by owner - San Elizario, TX - craigslist 
Seller's Description:

1941 Studebaker President. $6000.00 or O.B.O The car is 95% complete, the radio and the trunk handle are missing otherwise as far as I can tell it is all there. The parts are as shown in the pictures. The body is very straight and only having one dent in the right rear fender. The engine is the original straight eight and is not locked up. I will consider an offer but please be reasonable. I have unsolicited calls silenced so please leave a message and I will call you back or text me. odometer: 87000.
Copy and paste in your email: e9c7c76833a338769a1f376f2443de97@sale.craigslist.org

On 6/30/2023 at 10:16 PM, Gearheadengineer said:

Nah, it looks like an “easy winter project!” 😀

If you live in Antarctica!

• Haha 1