1947 Hudson Big Boy Pickup, Excellent Driver with legendary Twin H power

Reluctantly offering up for sale my 1947 Hudson Big Boy Pickup Truck to purchase another vehicle on my bucket list that just came up for sale. 

A good driver with an upgraded rebuilt 1949 Hudson Super 6, 262 6 cylinder, bored .020 with a 55 Wasp dual Carb Twin H setup. This feeds through the original 3 speed manual transmission and into a 1970 ford 9 inch rear with 3.0 gears Making it a nice runner. 
Starts well hot or cold. Runs cool in traffic and down the road.
Carbs rebuilt and fuel tank all redone.

Brakes all redone in Dot 5 Silicon as well as new tires when I got it.  

New exhaust. 

A passenger that recently drove it, proclaimed it drove as good as his 1941 Cadillac and was amazed it handled and drove so well for a pickup.  

All lights work including the light up hood ornament, Wipers and horn as well. All gauges work, though the speedometer is off considerably because of the rear end swap. 

Refurbished several years ago. 
I don't consider it show quality by any means but it still presents fairly well for a driver, though it's far from perfect, she still garnered a Favorite 50 at ADK nationals and favorite independent at the Hemmings Concourse Show in Lake george NY a few years ago. Maybe it's just because it looks so cool.

These don't come up often in just average driver shape. Either they need everything and I mean everything, or have been fully restored. it took quite a while for me to find this one.

Asking $25,000

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6830.JPG

IMG_6831.JPG

IMG_6832.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6577.JPG

IMG_6141.JPG

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have to admit, parking it in the parking lot and walking back out to it after going to the store,  it definitely looks super long and sleek compared to everything else in the parking lot. 

Ran it on errands Friday and stopped at 3 different stores.  It was almost 90 out.  I was in each store 5 to 10 minutes.  Each time I went out,  the engine lit right off before even making a full revolution.  Nice to have a vehicle that doesn't have the dreaded hot start issue.  

8 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Reluctantly offering up for sale my 1947 Hudson Big Boy Pickup Truck to purchase another vehicle on my bucket list that just came up for sale. 

A good driver with an upgraded rebuilt 1949 Hudson Super 6, 262 6 cylinder, bored .020 with a 55 Wasp dual Carb Twin H setup. This feeds through the original 3 speed manual transmission and into a 1970 ford 9 inch rear with 3.0 gears Making it a nice runner. 
Starts well hot or cold. Runs cool in traffic and down the road.
<snip>
These don't come up often in just average driver shape. Either they need everything and I mean everything, or have been fully restored. it took quite a while for me to find this one.

Asking $25,000

IMG_6834.JPG

Looks great 👍

Location?

Is the 1970 Ford bolt pattern the same as Hudson?

Pity not near me.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Sorry I forgot the update,  wiped out our locations I used to have listed.  The truck is in Lake George NY.  

The Brakes on the back are stock 70 Ford so I assume the drums are as well and the wheels are all the same so the Ford Bolt pattern must be the same as a 47 Hudson pattern. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Yeah after driving it a bit this weekend,  I only wish all the old cars I had and buy, drive as well as this does.   

You make us curious .Let us know what your next car was at your bucket list when everything worked out .

• auburnseeker changed the title to 1947 Hudson Big Boy Pickup, Excellent Driver with legendary Twin H power
  • 2 weeks later...

My offer was countered and I accepted (for fear of losing it, we weren't that far apart)  So I would like to find my Hudson a new home as the new acquisition will hopefully be arriving within a week.  I have space for her still,  but it would help with the accounting dept.  (my wife ;) )

On 6/16/2023 at 3:25 PM, auburnseeker said:

My offer was countered and I accepted (for fear of losing it, we weren't that far apart)  So I would like to find my Hudson a new home as the new acquisition will hopefully be arriving within a week.  I have space for her still,  but it would help with the accounting dept.  (my wife ;) )

You make us curiuos !

I'll play a guess the new toy thread if it doesn't get removed for click bait. 

Unfortunately we can't keep them all in this hobby between space and funds,  but I got to have some fun with it. There will probably be another Hudson in my future, just something else came along that I couldn't refuse.  It's a bucket list item so I decided an empty bucket list when I die is better than a list of would have, should have, could haves. 

We can regret selling some of our cars along the way,  but I know like me alot of us couldn't have gotten to the cars we have today if we never parted with the ones we have had in the past and overall I'm pretty happy with what's in my garage. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...