For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Savoy 4dr Sedan, 54K miles - $3,900 - Altoona, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Savoy 4dr Sedan, 54K miles - $3,900 - Altoona, PA
1954 Plymouth Savoy - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1954 Plymouth Savoy. Everything original. Inline 6 with three on the tree. Starts and runs, 54,877 miles on it, VIN 13776562. Brakes need work. Clean title in hand, this car has always been in my family. Garage kept vehicle, very clean. Other details I could put in here but show and tell is better.

Copy and paste in your email: ff6ca754a83133f8abc9d0b2fe7c5624@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Plymouth Savoy 4dr Sedan.

'54 Plymouth PA a.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA b.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA c.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA d.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA e.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA f.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA g.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA h.jpg

'54 Plymouth PA i.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fossil said:

Yes and I wonder what is or isn't under them? 

If it's like most Northeast old cars, the road salt stuck on the driver's boots created rust holes in that patch of floor...even when the rest of the floorboards stayed solid.

• Like 4

This car doesn't look too bad rustwise......there are a few typical rust areas to watch out for on these. One is at the bottom of the doglegs in front of the rear wheels, especially around the small stainless piece under the stoneguard. The other is the lower rear quarter behind the rear wheel opening about halfway back to the rear bumper, there is a diagonal dirt-catching brace there that holds moisture. It looks a little bubbly back there but appears to be repairable. I would also pull that floor board & trunk mat up for a look-see underneath just to be on the safe side. The car looks like a good fix-up project but I wouldn't spend a lot of time and money on it because as one magazine article once stated "old Plymouth sedans are not exactly retirement nest eggs." Initial purchase price would have a lot to do with my decision to pursue it. 

• Like 3