Found-63-64 6" Steel Wheel

Riviera63

I am looking for a 6" steel wheel for my 1963 Riviera. Found out yesterday that one of my wheels was 5 1/2" rather than the 6" I thought they all were. Would like a nice, straight wheel. Light surface rust OK but, no pitting. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks.

Bill 

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Riviera63 said:

I am looking for a 6" steel wheel for my 1963 Riviera. Found out yesterday that one of my wheels was 5 1/2" rather than the 6" I thought they all were. Would like a nice, straight wheel. Light surface rust OK but, no pitting. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks.

Bill 

Bill, 

If you cannot find a 63/64 6” wheel, and you find a 65 or later 6” wheel, you can have the center machined to the 63/64 diameter.

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

Bill, 

If you cannot find a 63/64 6” wheel, and you find a 65 or later 6” wheel, you can have the center machined to the 63/64 diameter.

Ed,

Thanks for that. I need the holes for the turbines. Do the wheels after 65 have these? 

Bill

Just to get it in the record, many years ago I found a beautiful pair of rear drums. I cleaned them, put a good coat or primer on them, and gave them a finish coat of satin black polyurethane. They were '65s and wouldn't slid over the axle hub. I machined them out to fit. They are on the car today.

In case someones finds a nice set of drums.

24 minutes ago, Chasander said:

Bill did you check with riviera bob? He’s going to K zoo

10 minutes ago, EmTee said:

aka: @Turbinator?

Chuck,

I have not contacted "Riviera Bob". I had been in contact with him about something else earlier and knew he was going to Kalamazoo. I have not seen him nor you since the BCA Meet in Waukesha. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Just to set the record straight, "Riviera Bob" is a vendor from Flint, MI. The Turbinator's alias is "Red Riviera Bob" (among others I can't print here). 

Since posting on Friday I have been in negotiations with Turbinator on what seems to be the last 6" steel wheel in existence. He assures me he has used the latest "True Spin" technology and the wheel has been given "DMC Certification" (Dead Man's Curve).

Both terms: "True Spin" and "DMC Certification" are copyrighted and are the sole property of Turbinator Industries Inc. 

Bill

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Hmmm, I don't have that catalog...

image.jpeg.743582a307be5eaddf37af69d43fd796.jpeg

Try Websters. Look up Turbinator you’ll see my photo first. Then a world record holder of land speed record vehicle.

The DMCC ( Dead Man’s Curve Certified) is a Buick wheel Turbinator has tested at 116mph on Dead Man’s Curve in a four wheel drift with the front wheels crossed up. Tom Telesco is on board taking notes for any vibration.

• Haha 2

• Riviera63 changed the title to Found-63-64 6" Steel Wheel
  • 2 weeks later...