"Quick-Glo" out of business? (polishes chrome, stainless steel, and glass)

CHARLITO

What's happening with the makers of Quick-Glo?  I ordered a new supply  3 months ago And had to get my money refunded by Paypal for I heard nothing from the company. I've emailed the UK and Australia and find that they have no supplies left and don't know what happened to the family business.  I called Jay Leno to see what was going on and got no responce. At least he knows about the situation. Of course, he made the famous ad for the company and stated that he uses the products. I also called the 3 stores in Louisiana that the company states can sell the product from their shelves; and they say that only rumor has it that there's been  a death and the business is closed. I left messages on the 2 numbers that Quick-Glo gives to contact Nicole Deloach( !-225-964-5000) and her father Brent Deloach    (  1-225-937-0276) . On one call I was able to leave a message asking them if customers could help in anyway to take the pressure off them , for apparently they're making permanent desisions about a a temporary horrible event. I hate to see an American business end . I don't know of anything to replace the 3 products that they sell.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Golden 73-------- However, have you tried Quick-Glo's Original,Fine,and or Ultra? Since you tried 3M chrome and metal polish, I'd like to hear from those who have tried both and better yet those that have tried many types.  Perhaps Quick-Glo will return, but we can't depend on that.  Quick- Glo has something that I can't find in others by their ads.  That is Pumice that breaks down at different rates as the polish is rubbed into the metal.  Each type has a different starting amount of the Pumice. They also say that a type of wax is deposited as the Quick-Glo ends it's work ,that lasts perhaps one year. Thanks  . END.

23 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

https://quick-glo.com

"Their website remains live and I taking orders.

No notice on any issues on their site."

I fear that you didn't do any research regarding the Quick-Glo LLC website .  I take it that you made a mistake also when you wrote that ..."I taking orders."  Please read my statements and responses before you claim that all is working well .   It's impossible for you to get any up-to-date , information from that website, it's totally defunct. Now I hope we can return to the subject ,that being ,what happened, and what is happening, and possible equal substitution in quality from another product. Then their is the subject of " will anybody " produce the products under the patented numbers? And remember that 9 year old video of Jay Leno where he says he uses the products and  loves the results and remember that at that time he probably owned more than 150 collectable autos. Thank You, What do you respond?  Charlito.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

https://quick-glo.com

Their website remains live and I taking orders.

No notice on any issues on their site.

A website being up means literally nothing.

A company can close its doors or have financial issues and still have a website up that was prepaid by the establishment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zepher said:

A website being up means literally nothing.

A company can close its doors or have financial issues and still have a website up that was prepaid by the establishment.

Agreed.  But thought it worth sharing.

15 hours ago, CHARLITO said:

I fear that you didn't do any research regarding the Quick-Glo LLC website .  I take it that you made a mistake also when you wrote that ..."I taking orders."  Please read my statements and responses before you claim that all is working well .   It's impossible for you to get any up-to-date , information from that website, it's totally defunct. Now I hope we can return to the subject ,that being ,what happened, and what is happening, and possible equal substitution in quality from another product. Then their is the subject of " will anybody " produce the products under the patented numbers? And remember that 9 year old video of Jay Leno where he says he uses the products and  loves the results and remember that at that time he probably owned more than 150 collectable autos. Thank You, What do you respond?  Charlito.

Simply sharing their site url and stating it "appears" they are still in business.  

I took the trouble of emailing and texting them to see if they'd respond. The phone doesnt work. 

• Like 1

Company owner is Brent DeLoach, Baton Rouge, LA. Looks like he is on Facebook if you want to try and contact him. Wouldn't surprise me that he may have had issues with Hurricane damage there within the past couple of years.

Looks like a cool product. 

Terry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On June 15 th'23, a Gonzalez, Louisianna Sheriff Deputy did a welfare check at the official residence of Brent Deloach and the business address of his company Quick-Glo,41403 Cemetary Rd., Gonzalez,Louisianna 70737  .  The Deputy found no-one home. He then proceeded to a neighbors house and spoke to a person there.  The neighbor said that no -one was living at said address but Mr. Deloach comes by to feed animals and was there 2 days earlier on June 13'23.   So we now know that Brent Deloach is alive.  I'm glad to know that.  I then called one of the Hrdwre Stores where Mr. Deloach would bring his products for them to sell . They told me that Brent had not been there for near 2 years. And, that they now sell a product that  ' is almost as good' as Quick-Glo. The name is Flitz .  I have no more information on Nicole Deloach .

• 4 weeks later...

I just joined this page after seeing this thread - wanted to share a real time update 

I LOVE Quick Glo and have used it to polish all of my chrome, be it antique cars, motorcycles, or Schwinn Stingrays. Hands down the very best out there. 

I use the original mostly and was running low, so checked the usual sources including Amazon and out of stock.  Last week, I ordered directly from QG website and after 1 week didn't have delivery or even tracking. Sent emails, no reply, tried calling, number was disconnected, knew something was up. I started googling and found this thread. 

Years ago when I first bought the 3 pack, I'd talked by phone to Brent, the company owner and still had his cell phone number. I called earlier this week and he answered the phone, much to my surprise. He said they'd moved, the website number wasn't updated yet and he'd check on my order. That never happened and just this morning, I now see "permanently closed" when you google for the website. On the actual website, no mention of this, still looks business as usual, which isn't the case.

I filed a PayPal claim dispute and it was approved instantly for refund. That typically isn't the case, so they must know the company is defunct.  

It's a real shame, this is a product I absolutely love to use. The paste goes on easily with a toothbrush, perfect to apply on rims and around spokes/nipples and not only does it polish great, also seals well. I typically use a brass brush on chrome first if needed, then finished with this product.  I've used other chrome polish and Flitz for super fine applications, but this has been my go-to for years. I did pick up the last couple available at a local bike shop and will use it sparingly.  Hopefully someone will pick up the pieces and buy the company, get it up and running again. 

Hope this helps guys, thanks 

• Thanks 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to "Quick-Glo" out of business? (polishes chrome, stainless steel, and glass)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, indycycling said:

I just joined this page after seeing this thread - wanted to share a real time update 

I LOVE Quick Glo and have used it to polish all of my chrome, be it antique cars, motorcycles, or Schwinn Stingrays. Hands down the very best out there. 

I use the original mostly and was running low, so checked the usual sources including Amazon and out of stock.  Last week, I ordered directly from QG website and after 1 week didn't have delivery or even tracking. Sent emails, no reply, tried calling, number was disconnected, knew something was up. I started googling and found this thread. 

Years ago when I first bought the 3 pack, I'd talked by phone to Brent, the company owner and still had his cell phone number. I called earlier this week and he answered the phone, much to my surprise. He said they'd moved, the website number wasn't updated yet and he'd check on my order. That never happened and just this morning, I now see "permanently closed" when you google for the website. On the actual website, no mention of this, still looks business as usual, which isn't the case.

I filed a PayPal claim dispute and it was approved instantly for refund. That typically isn't the case, so they must know the company is defunct.  

It's a real shame, this is a product I absolutely love to use. The paste goes on easily with a toothbrush, perfect to apply on rims and around spokes/nipples and not only does it polish great, also seals well. I typically use a brass brush on chrome first if needed, then finished with this product.  I've used other chrome polish and Flitz for super fine applications, but this has been my go-to for years. I did pick up the last couple available at a local bike shop and will use it sparingly.  Hopefully someone will pick up the pieces and buy the company, get it up and running again. 

Hope this helps guys, thanks 

I just joined as well, after some quick Google searches for Quick-Glo.  I was so saddened to see that I can no longer find Quick-Glo ANYWHERE!  I'm actually located in Louisiana, only a couple of hours away from the owners.  I'm in a position to help them revitalize their business or maybe even take it over.  However, I haven't been able to contact Brent yet (Brent if you're reading this and able to share your number, I'd love to chat).  I'm going to keep trying, but I'm happy to hear that he's okay and you were at least able to make contact with him.  

• 7 months later...

Alright guys, this is kind of late but I am willing to provide an update as of today. Brent DeLoach sold his company “Quick Glo” as of 6 months ago. As of a few days ago, Brent DeLoach killed his 86 year old father and his 30 year old daughter, then turned the gun on himself. Sorry to have bad news, but I came across this article and thought people should know.  I live minutes away from Brent and interacted with him on many occasions. Posting link below as well.

https://unfilteredwithkiran.com/shenandoah-murders-update-christina-deloach-was-her-daddys-world-her-dad-killing-her-comes-as-a-complete-shock/?fbclid=IwAR1D1m2hRUJNXnvD3U8stbxhyhP-L1vhFaWEw69zINVYub-sg91WL9ZwBvI_aem_ARHD0Er8Rle2WwYUvJxWi3bPGcGDue2M-2oyc6kx9n92GzoT7YZa7FwBmxNYpxlLJzw

• Thanks 2