1940 Chevrolet special deluxe coupe $22,500

Nice car!. Wonder what's under the seat covers. I don't think this will be for sale very long.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/255266636846632?

This is a true Survivor Car!!! The paint is original (and thin in places - with touch-ups to the fenders prior to 1959). The interior is original and the running gear is original. Two sisters bought the car in 1940 with several (expensive at the time accessories - the "spinner" steering wheel is very rare.) My dad was the service manager for the Chevrolet dealer where purchased. He oversaw the maintenance of the car. They told him when they could no longer drive the car they would give it to him. They did that in 1959. A friend of mine eventually purchased the car and had it in Ottawa, KS for 50 years driving it only about 800 miles. He took it to the Ottawa Car show most every year. I bought it from him a couple of years ago, just before his passing. We drove it on a 500 mile tour in CO with zero problems. I really don't want to drive it as I am afraid of damaging it. So, it is for sale. The. spot on the original rubber mat in the trunk cleaned up after the picture was taken. I believe the spare is one of the original tires. More pictures will be available. (I need to get pictures of the perfect door panels) but you really need to see and hear this car in person. I notice in the pictures the grill appears to have damage. It is 100% perfect - just shadows from the accessory bumper cross piece. Several asked for more pictures of outside of car. I got it out and took some in the sun as requested. Back at the computer discovered I must have held the button too long and I took movies which I can't seem to down load. (certainly not as simple as my old 35mm. If you need more I will get out in a couple of days and try again - may get my daughter to help. First time I ran it after winter storage - sounds and drives great although one wheel locked up on one hard stop. Not trying to hide anything, this really is a great car. My photo and computer skills are not as good as working on cars.

Product photo of 1940 Chevrolet special deluxe coupe

Edited by George Smolinski (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Very nice original car. The spinner steering wheel is very cool. To the right of the gas pedal is that circular button on the floor for the bright lights? Seems like a fair price for this car, hope someone buys it and keeps it as original as possible.

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

Attractive car, but if you claim the interior is original you need to show it.

Maybe it’s soooo original as in threadbare you don’t want to show it.