63 Olds 98 $6,300 not mine

I had a look but I'm no good with transferring pictures either.

There may be more to this Ninety Eight than meets the eye as it appears to be a Luxury Sedan, which was Oldsmobile's top line car in 1963. But, like that 61 Electra 225 six-window hardtop that was on here a while back, its market is small. Everybody wants a Starfire, not a Ninety Eight LS.

To Olds' credit they built a Ninety Eight coupe in 63 and 64 that out-Starfired the Starfire- the Ninety Eight Custom Sports Coupe. Buckets, console, Starfire drivetrain, and sexy. Also expensive and didn't sell all that well.

This Ninety Eight on craigslist is unusual in another way. Factory air, typical Ninety Eight equipment, but no radio.

59 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

I had a look but I'm no good with transferring pictures either.

There may be more to this Ninety Eight than meets the eye as it appears to be a Luxury Sedan, which was Oldsmobile's top line car in 1963. But, like that 61 Electra 225 six-window hardtop that was on here a while back, its market is small. Everybody wants a Starfire, not a Ninety Eight LS.

To Olds' credit they built a Ninety Eight coupe in 63 and 64 that out-Starfired the Starfire- the Ninety Eight Custom Sports Coupe. Buckets, console, Starfire drivetrain, and sexy. Also expensive and didn't sell all that well.

This Ninety Eight on craigslist is unusual in another way. Factory air, typical Ninety Eight equipment, but no radio.

I noticed that also,I'd look for an eight track player if I bought it.I had a 76 I think 98 and I remember the clock in the back seat which I thought was neat.

Edited by Buick35
Spelling (see edit history)

For the record:

For Sale: 1963 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - $6,300 (located near Titusville/Cocoa area) - Not Mine
Seller's Description:

This is a MAKE OFFER advertisement.
gold color, 4 door, hard top
interior is original new condition (was covered with clear vinyl)
will run - fuel system needs cleaning
needs brakes (one line is rusted through, flexible lines need replaced)
some rust
needs paint
8683 original miles
This is a MAKE OFFER advertisement.
Please no blind offers...

Copy and paste in your email: dae86d643e7431dfac044c5a04532b38@sale.craigslist.org

'63 Olds 98 FL a.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL b.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL c.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL d.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL e.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL f.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL g.jpg

'63 Olds 98 FL h.jpg

Looking closer I think there's an aftermarket black face radio in there, hidden in the black painted dash trim band. There's also a manual rear fender antenna which is correct for a factory airconditioned Olds of that era.

Also weird that the front bumper is rusty instead of the rear. The rears usually rot out around the mounting bracket plates.

If engine and especially transmission are good, could be a fun car to do a quick paint job and enjoy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Space coast Fla? I would bet a nickle that car needs more than a quick paint job. That rust will go more than skin deep. I bought a fla car and not much wasnt rust. 

Rust isn't that bad unless you 're right on the beach. I'm about twenty miles inland.

1 hour ago, Buick35 said:

Rust isn't that bad unless you 're right on the beach. I'm about twenty miles inland.

I have heard this before. My trans am was sold new in Corpus Christie. I bought it from a fellow in Umatilla (middle of the state). He said he bought it from someone in Tampa. That car had more rust than solid metal!! 

Glenn, look close. The rear bumper is rotted at the brackets. I emailed the seller. No brakes and entire fuel system needs work. He said the car runs a few seconds with gas in the bowl. I like the interior but the rest will need a magician i think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...