Audrain Veteran Car Tour 2023 April 30th Newport RI

alsancle

34 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

AJ, I have said before, I know little to nothing about these type of cars. Is that Stanley an original configuration or has it been modified to a 'speedster' version?  Looks like it was fun in spite of the weather (I bet you wish it had cycle fenders at least on the front wheels).

Stanley built two exactly like it but neither exists.  There are maybe a dozen replicas,  many with fenders and toolboxes which would be a nice improvement.  My pal wants it to be "correct" hence we have mud sprayed directly into our faces.

image.jpeg.6d2b35cf9eb86a52a3cb3985382417a0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b1cbb1ea7d89ade055bc99ba33d964a8.jpeg

10 Rarest Cars In Jay Leno's Garage

Stanley Register Online - Vanderbilt Cup Racers

• Like 2

Like the proverbial stopped clock Ed was 100% right this time about driving the cars.   I believe highest and best use is to run them in events.   I'm a bit of a hypocrite because there seems to be trouble with me actually using my own cars.   However, getting together with other folks who share the same interests and actually participating in a real activity that was well organized is the height of they craziness we are into.   The saying goes that "car shows are more fun if you don't bring a car".   Tours are the opposite.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What about the Stearns? It's running great.......maybe you need to get it out before it gets all gummed up. How is the detail going? Photos please........

Send me the Reo........I feel like running the wheels off of it..........

Buck Boudeman built them. He told me his had titanium reciprocating parts. In the same conversation Buck recounted taking his to some sort of event. Timed staged staggered take off. He left in in order but arrived an hour before they had put up the finish line.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

What about the Stearns? It's running great.......maybe you need to get it out before it gets all gummed up. How is the detail going? Photos please........

Send me the Reo........I feel like running the wheels off of it..........

Stearns is slightly apart while it is being detailed. Unfortunately my detail guy has a day job.

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7753.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Stanley built two exactly like it but neither exists.  There are maybe a dozen replicas,  many with fenders and toolboxes which would be a nice improvement.  My pal wants it to be "correct" hence we have mud sprayed directly into our faces.

image.jpeg.6d2b35cf9eb86a52a3cb3985382417a0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b1cbb1ea7d89ade055bc99ba33d964a8.jpeg

10 Rarest Cars In Jay Leno's Garage

Stanley Register Online - Vanderbilt Cup Racers

As far as I know they were Left Hand drive from the factory, what was the reason for that? 

Last Saturday I PM'd AJ and told him if he can convince the Audrain folks to open it up to all Brass-era vehicles, I'll make the 3k-mile round-trip next year and run it in the rain and cold with my 'new' 1915 BSA motorbicycle.  Kerry said he'll bring his 1912 Rudge and ride it with me as well.

• Like 5