2023 South East Spring Nationals - Charlotte

So who is going ? How exciting this is as its your last week end to tidy up the car before the event. Have a great time, Good Luck I sure wish I was going but I bought a new car and the wife made me come out of retirement and get a job to pay for the goodies I want for it . Some one please post up some pictures of the vehicles when you get there . 

Lastly I am sure you folks heard of the Tow Rig & Car theft from the run to the sun Car show in Myrtle beach, I have heard the story way to often , Well I been using Apple air tags , they are only 25 dollars ,about the size of quarter and maybe 1/4 thick . they have need little holders and you can place them any place and track them on a mac computer,Ipad,Iphone . I have one on my trailer, 2 in my car, One in my tow vehicle, I travel often and place them in my luggage also . I feel its pretty cheap way to keep and eye on you assets. Unlike a real tracker ,they will not alert you to movement, but you can log in to view there location 

Again have fun and send us all back some pictures 

• Like 1

I have not been to Charlotte yet and will not be going this year. Over the years I have heard so many great things about this event that the Region that puts it's on each year so this event is on my list.

According to the AACA Magazine it appears that next year (2024) Charlotte will host a Dual National event with both a regular National and a Grand National during the same weekend. It has been a number of years since a Region has hosted a Dual Event. If I remember correctly 2016 was the last one in Tennessee. For me, a Dual Event makes it easier to justify the travel distance (1,200 miles round trip) and expense since you get two separate events during the same weekend. 

Bert of Luck on this year's event and I hope to see everyone at next year's Dual Nationals.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:10 AM, charlier said:

I have not been to Charlotte yet and will not be going this year. Over the years I have heard so many great things about this event that the Region that puts it's on each year so this event is on my list.

According to the AACA Magazine it appears that next year (2024) Charlotte will host a Dual National event with both a regular National and a Grand National during the same weekend. It has been a number of years since a Region has hosted a Dual Event. If I remember correctly 2016 was the last one in Tennessee. For me, a Dual Event makes it easier to justify the travel distance (1,200 miles round trip) and expense since you get two separate events during the same weekend. 

Bert of Luck on this year's event and I hope to see everyone at next year's Dual Nationals.

They announced today at the end of the meet that next year the Grand National will be on Friday and the Southeastern National will be on Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, Restorer32 said:

Son is on his way down I 81 hauling a 1921 Milburn Electric he will be showing for its Senior Award. 500 miles down the road.

SOO How did it go? I hope he achieved the award he was looking for 

The car received the Senior Award.  Actually, as I tell clients "If your car does not receive the AACA award you are seeking then we did not do our job". The car was nominated for a National Award but it did not win.  We can't guarantee National Awards but a properly restored vehicle should have no problem winning its First Junior and the Senior.

• Like 1

While participating at the AACA Southeast Regional car show at the Charlotte Motor Speedway recently, there was a 1968 Chevrolet Malibu with the same PNT code "K2" (Tripoli Turquoise/Aqua Mist w/ black vinyl top) as our Riviera, The Aqua Zephyr, also in the show.

Of course, I had to get some pictures of the cars together!

The cars looked great together!

BTW, the AZ took home its first AACA DPC (Driver's Participation Class) award! Very proud of that!

DSC_0721.jpg.1a6100aead8e33444b81fafb8e66b54a.jpg

20230415_223052.jpg.46c8bfefdaea2b194bf212f1d309d6f1.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

While participating at the AACA Southeast Regional car show at the Charlotte Motor Speedway recently, there was a 1968 Chevrolet Malibu with the same PNT code "K2" (Tripoli Turquoise/Aqua Mist w/ black vinyl top) as our Riviera, The Aqua Zephyr, also in the show.

BTW, the AZ took home its first AACA DPC (Driver's Participation Class) award! Very proud of that!

WOW what are the chances , the both look great and congratulations 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

The car received the Senior Award.  Actually, as I tell clients "If your car does not receive the AACA award you are seeking then we did not do our job". The car was nominated for a National Award but it did not win.  We can't guarantee National Awards but a properly restored vehicle should have no problem winning its First Junior and the Senior.

Congradulations 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 12:11 AM, NC1968Riviera said:

I love them. They look so beautiful ❤️

Edited by JamesWaite (see edit history)