1940 Buick Convertible Coupe - I am trying locate the car belonging to an ancestor

liz

I am trying locate a car belonging to an ancestor.  it's a 1940 maroon Buick convertible coupe.  vin # 13791390  engine # 43960498.  I am not sure how to go about this.  It's last known whereabouts was Ohio.  thank you. 

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1940 Buick Convertible Coupe - I am trying locate the car belonging to an ancestor

You might try calling Doug Seybold.  He is one of the premier restorers of '40 and '41 Buicks, and is located in the Cleveland area.  You can reach him at 440-835-1193.  The car might have ended up in his shop at some point.

• Like 4

It’s a small world.  Good thing she had the vin and I recognized it.  The reason I know about the car is because I am the one that bought it from her ancestor and I have been taking car of it for the last 44 years.  Thanks for everybody’s help in communicating.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Response to Buick looks fine for 39:

I have a 76S but,unfortunately, it's not the one owned by Glenn Miller (he's the bandleader that disappeared over the English Channel.) I have the car's history going back to its sale at Kelly Buick in downtown Baltimore; the salesman who sold the car affixed his tag in the glove compartment. I have never before owned a car where I've had an unbroken provenance; it's a rare thing and I count myself as lucky.

So who out there knows about Miller's car?

• Like 2