Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

I'm thinking this might fall under the "Special Body Type". I've found no bus in any of the Graham or Dodge literature with this exact design and lines. I have not confirmed this first one to be a Graham or Dodge but it has many of the characteristics that point to Graham Special Body.

image.png.9988c498b7e0b9ece9bdf5581d6d8797.png

This is the closest I've found so far but it's in art form and the rear is more rounded like the other known GB/DB buses. 

image.png.c9b49cf996fd0744895ddf348093210e.png

Here's another one from Australia with the sharper corners at the upper rear. 

image.jpeg.450481a38cc975bb36455f352eb608bc.jpeg

image.png.7a5fcfcf1ab4e05deb977c90ed67589a.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

2 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

On the limo above does anyone understand what is going on with the running board?

It's a split/double running board. Not common, but there are makes out there with them.

30 Dodge pnl, Keiser, Near Choc, et all,  Much thanks for this posting of interesting DB related pix that I have never seen as well. This did spark a flash in my mind's eye and had to search my confuser hard drive to find my collection of 16 early Dodge Brothers pix including pictures of Tacoma's Dodge Brothers dealership Griffin Motors.

My point for this response is my personal collection of 16 early DB pix. was garnered as early as 2008 and 2015 from a collection from the 'Washington State Historical Society' printed in local Tacoma News Tribune in a series referred to as 'South Sound Photo Album'. The pix were acquired from the Washington State Historical Society. Others in my collection were from a visit to our Tacoma Public Library where I found a bunch of photos from the Marvin Boland photo Collection and from Richards Studios collection. I contacted one of the conservators and paid for copies from the library. 

GUYS, Go visit your local Library Historical section way in the back corner and see what you can find! 

I have not researched the sources of my pix for potential copyright applications. Perhaps later. Think Positive and GO Search!

• Like 1

David, I had an interesting phone call tonight. I have said many times I don't know DB trucks very well but learned something tonight. GB built the Truck Builder kits in 1919, but also built a Speed Truck in '19. Perhaps you know about them. Sounds like a complete truck with pneumatic tires instead of the solid tires the Truck Builder used. I know the Truck Builder was limited to 18 mph because of the gearing. Do you know if they were building both at the same time? There is a copy of an ad for the Speed Truck on the DB,  Inc. fakebook site. These pictures you have posted have opened up many questions that I need to learn about. 

So true RAH,,

I've come across many digital collections that have some of the good stuff in hiding so you can't access it online. 

Some digital collections have it stored in a special location and we can't enter unless we are able to visit the city the information is being held and preserved at.

I wish I could visit all of the libraries that hold automotive history. 

3 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

David, I had an interesting phone call tonight. I have said many times I don't know DB trucks very well but learned something tonight. GB built the Truck Builder kits in 1919, but also built a Speed Truck in '19. Perhaps you know about them. Sounds like a complete truck with pneumatic tires instead of the solid tires the Truck Builder used. I know the Truck Builder was limited to 18 mph because of the gearing. Do you know if they were building both at the same time? There is a copy of an ad for the Speed Truck on the DB,  Inc. fakebook site. These pictures you have posted have opened up many questions that I need to learn about. 

Yes, I had come across that about 2 years ago, still waiting to find more out about it. Did you know Graham Brothers also made a tractor?

I'll try and find the photos of it.

image.jpeg.11eef80366b2980ccdd93db60045e9a5.jpeg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Your ad for the Speed truck just confirmed something we talked about on this phone call tonight. That is that Speed Trucks used a Continental engine instead of DB. It says starting system was two piece. And that starter is geared to flywheel. If it had been DB it would have used a starter/generator chained to the crank. 

• Like 1