Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

Someone visited these forums and posted a picture of this poster. I asked him if he  could send me pictures of it for research. That board member hasn't been back for a long time so I am not sure if he's still around.

This poster has corrected me more times than I care to admit. Just when I think I know something... WHAMO!

This is a glimpse at how the old and new models (in regards to body style) were being produced at the same time and also shows how the D series Graham Bodies emerged into the E series (DA, U, DB..). Note the full wood body of the Wayne bus on the bottom left. Never seen one since...

image.jpeg.c4a7a3ffa5ba122de33ad17409b14309.jpeg

This also verifies they were built along side one another

image.png.3ed680a96245cb178c7ae675348f2787.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I posted this on another thread so not sure if you guys seen it but I thought you might want to. 
It's from Parsons collection that Doug scanned and posted on the DBC website.

It's dated August 1921 and I believe this is a very early Camper/RV.

Please keep your eye out for any early 20s photos of Campers with a DB or GB logo

image.png.3ac5b38948eafa1c181136f636a508b1.png

Here's a glimpse at the database I've been working on over the years that shows they were all being made as customers ordered them in any capacity, wheelbase, and engine they wanted.  Still a work in progress so disregard things like year and other notes (as they are constantly being updated and revised), but it gives us a better understanding of how they were made at the same time in Detroit. 

image.png.6d3ab02c18f923b6f0a201dc30622d47.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nearchoclatetown said:

The invoices have some very interesting notes attached to them. I THINK DB and GB would build pretty much anything a customer wanted. Which leads to the statement that no two DBs or GBs are the same.

100 % agree. 

I believe some series had some standardization but they never hesitated to change things if a customer wanted it.

• Like 1

Can't find the Graham Brothers tractor right now. Will post it later when I find it.

Ever been up Pikes Peak in modern vehicles?  I can't imagine what it must have been like in a bus in the 1920s. 
At 14000 feet you are gasping for air... at least I was.

If you go to Dillon CO on I-70 you'll be at the top of the Continental Divide.

image.png.3bde38af37562e436d755aa3e6a56da7.png

• Like 1

If anyone knows John Young of Australia, please let him know about this, he was looking for the info a while back.

I posted it on the DBC member discussion section after you log in but he's not seen it. 
Thought I'd share it here for others in case someone else wants/needs it.

1928_Confidential_Important_Info_0070.jpg

I'll be forwarding this to you Doug. 
A rare look into a 2000 Series brochure. 
Note the old Graham Brothers logo

view

For you car guys who may not know why this is so important it's because it's only the second series listed on model charts in the Graham Brothers/Dodge Brothers once Graham exclusively agreed to build for Dodge Brothers only (see 2nd line item: Model 2000 in this chart below). Prior to Dec 1920, Graham were building bodies on any other makers chassis as they built for over 50 other manufacturers (as mentioned previously).

1920 to 27.jpg

The public were continuously writing Automakers of the era to make trucks. This snippet of the brochure should explain how the Graham/Dodge organizations saw a need and simply met it. 

image.png.92ea239de1c7906cb622cf15c919c083.png

As I'm still looking for the GB tractor (or traction as it was sometimes called) I found out that GB also built trailers and were listed as such in a 1920 Power Wagon issue. Prior to the exclusive deal with Dodge Brothers of course ;)  

Graham Brothers Trailer 2.JPG

Graham Brothers Trailer 1.JPG

10 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

If anyone knows John Young of Australia, please let him know about this, he was looking for the info a while back.

I posted it on the DBC member discussion section after you log in but he's not seen it. 
Thought I'd share it here for others in case someone else wants/needs it.

1928_Confidential_Important_Info_0070.jpg

John has sold his Victory 6 Sedan It is still in Western Australia 

• Thanks 1

Late 20s early 30s Dallas TX Department Store

Note the Landau Irons

They had a total of 17 Commercial Cars/Trucks in their fleet according to the Ross Roy sales data c.1931

image.png.d1622e011111b3f512ea13f1b289ca10.png

White Linen had a combined total of 66 DB units in their lineup

image.png.676d6518792e910336fa47f9e8a7ae28.png

image.png.e6c0c65e3726e2cba75a4e6784dcbd7d.png

2 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I've always been a sucker for the early illustrations even. Note the shape of the shifter knob. Were they actually made like that on some models?

Labeled a 1919

image.png.7f788e72b20c4203a1fe25a529330957.png

Yes, the 1919 Tourer I have has one, six flats around the centre.

• Like 1

You're welcome and I appreciate your kind words.

Just one of the small roles we all play in the grand scheme of things. We all have information that needs to be shared and discussed to find key points that we may have missed. Hoping a pictorial thread like this simply helps our cause and provokes discussion in order to make sure we are continuing to find answers as a collective DB/GB community. 

Can you imagine stumbling across this next unit in someone's shed or garage today? 

If we didn't know any better we might think that someone made it into some kind of homemade camping conversion. Photos like this prove the sky was the limit with the special body and conversions whether they were factory or farmed out.

image.png.5a54b6a6f48db91595aebd440da6c58b.png

30 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Says 1919 

Can anyone confirm?

image.png.25b7e5d83d3ae08547e017015936ac6f.png

Rear mounted hand brake.

Rear mounted gear lever.

”G” model starter / generator.

Correct position for the fuel filler cap.

Fan mounted on the block.

Priming cups.

You could be right with 1919.