Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

Wow, more stuff I have not seen. The truck in Rawlings Wy. picture sure looks like a GB Truck Builder like on the cover of the new club magazine, only second one I have seen. You can read how they were built in the latest magazine. Our's came from S.D. I THINK the one labeled as a Closed 5 Passenger for Military Use is actually a touring with a Rex wintertop. Note location of door handles. It is also unusual as most military spec cars had 7 lug wheels. The Quartermaster truck is another that we see pictures of but have not found in real life. It is VERY similar to a Light Repair Truck but has screenside rear fenders. It also has a windshield and headlights which most LRT's don't. Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting them. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your feeback gents. I'm hoping more folks see these and comment about what they're seeing.

It's my first time seeing a lot of this stuff as I mostly try to find truck material for my research, probably should have been posting here all along instead of putting it in folders on my computer but just never thought about a thread like this until recently. Now I'll have to go back to see if I have anything of interest and hope others will do the same.

More to come, and please feel free to post if you come across any rare photos that you think many of us have not seen before. I think cars and trucks are both fine but I'll leave that up to the poster. This thread really shouldn't have any limitations in my opininion other than 1914-1938 if possible. I realize the Cadillac didn't meet that criteria but because it was in the batch of WWI photos, I thought it was too interesting not to share. Again, you be the judge...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Mark Gregush said:

Did you see the checker board in the Assembly Building photo? :)

I did, but I've played Chess since I was very young and that was the first thing my eye was drawn to when the photo loaded for me and was hoping someone else would notice it. My thought initially was "what the hell is a Chess board doing in a factory photo". 

So they played Checkers/Chess on their down time at lunch... Who knew?

Kind of interesting and different than anything I'd ever seen in a factory photo from that era.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Every time I look at these pictures I see something different. I missed the checker/chess board first go around but it doesn't surprise me. If you read books about the Brothers they knew almost all the employees by name, all 10000 of them. Beer was once a week for everyone at lunch and every day for those in the foundry because of the heat.

Some of you may have seen these already as they're posted on the Club website, still interesting every time I see them. They should not be locked away in a folder, these should be out of hiding so the public can enjoy them.

DBC Budd 10062_0001.jpg

DBC Budd 09329_0001.jpg