Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

More Australian content, this was taken on the road from Mt Compass to Adelaide in South Australia, returning from their holidays (vacation) judging by the suitcases on the running board. What do you think, 1919 or 1920? 

IMG_1407.jpeg.b91c0bc5d55f2fefd7ad62f76604a0d6.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

OK, how's this? Drawn by a 16 year old of my Light Repair Truck. 

Dodge Bros. Sketch - Eli001.jpg

That looks so cool. I wish I could draw like that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The second photo of the Business Commercial Cars look like something straight out of a brochure.

Awesome stuff Doug. Thanks for sharing those. 

No doubt Rodger had a good eye....

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you look closely at the service car you can see that it was a touring with the back part of the body removed. Look under where the rear door would have been. The railing along the top, seems to be a fairly common style. I have seen photos of Ford Model T and A service cars that used a very similar style rail. 

• Like 1

This is a rather nice spread of the early Dodge Brothers range outside the Melbourne DB agents Canada Cycle and Motor Company in LaTrobe Street Melbourne Victoria Australia. The quality allows for enlargement which shows every detail.

IMG_1422.jpeg.54b664e5c156641c856443fb3de5586d.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Minibago said:

Grand Bend Ontario in Canada this time. A 1923 Roadster I think.

IMG_1436.jpeg.8fdf94ce36281499c26a7716b2179290.jpeg

Not a Dodge Brothers. No curve from the rear fender to the running board.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Not a Dodge Brothers. No curve from the rear fender to the running board.

Thanks Keiser, I learn more all the time which what it is all about. 

• Like 2

This is a photo of the workshop at Co-op Motors, Argyle Street, Hobart Tasmania, the longest continuous running motor agent in Australia. They ceased being the DB agents in 1959 but continue on with currently the Toyota agency.

IMG_1443.jpeg.13968605bd6cb46d05d590bd37cab614.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Unique Special Body Types...? 
May 1925

Early Bus Transportation in Alaska | Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum (fountainheadauto.blogspot.com)

A few weeks later Robert Sheldon made his pioneering drive between Fairbanks and Valdez, proving that an automobile stage line to the coast was possible. For many years he relied on Model Ts, Cadillacs, and Dodges for his business, but eventually added buses to the fleet. By the 1920s he had formed the Richardson Highway Transportation Company (RHTC) with James L. Galen and George Hazelet, and in 1925 acquired the Graham Brothers bus shown here. "First Big Bus Comes to Town" proclaimed the May 25, 1925 Fairbanks Daily News-Miner that year. "A fourteen-passenger bus was received on last night's train by the Richardson Highway Transportation Company for local use throughout the summer."

image.png.0545dac6fb347672c62f727e9407210e.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Fountainhead has an unrestored 1917 touring car that was used before the bus. 

Wonder if these are all of the same car?

Old Dodge Rumbles to Life | Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum (fountainheadauto.blogspot.com)

From Twitter:

image.png.c604ed9c8c1a79341109cec58ba9aea5.png

image.png.9ed964dc9391bbf829d863ba9fdac339.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was thinking it was a '17. I did remember it having a Delco distributor instead of a mag. It's the only unrestored car in the museum. Fabulous museum if you ever get to Fairbanks. Take notice this car has the early front fenders, but a honeycomb radiator and louvered hood.

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For the sake of deflection lest we be banned by the big P

Looking at a photo that was posted earlier, what would the color scheme be like on this one if we seen it in color?

The reason I ask is because every photo I've found doesn't have the fender or apron portions highlighted like in this photo. Most photos I've seen have fenders in black so just wondering what the scheme may have looked like in color with the lighter fender and apron portions in this photo.

image.png.32e909ca75f2460cb19f4048317eb087.png

Current example in color (fenders and apron not lighter on this Vicky, but it gives an example of what the scheme would feel like in color).

Although I would think it was available in green and brown hues too, I simply can't find any of those examples online of a Senior Sports Coupe showing the contrast for those sections.

image.png.bbad9e8d89bbea844d37ea9c9009beef.png

Most catalogs have the solid black fenders and apron so it's hard to tell what the scheme would look like according to artwork.

image.png.1975b66897899e031cd92ae4d37d7026.png

• Like 2

I'm thinking there are color charts for Seniors in the library collection. I know there are for Victories and DAs by dates. For example, ALL DA sedans were painted black with red pinstripes and wire wheels for 4 days when my DA was built. The non black fenders was available as was body colored chassis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I'm thinking there are color charts for Seniors in the library collection. I know there are for Victories and DAs by dates. For example, ALL DA sedans were painted black with red pinstripes and wire wheels for 4 days when my DA was built. The non black fenders was available as was body colored chassis. 

Thanks for that suggestion but I'm not so much interested in what the specific color options were as the scheme itself...

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear enough, but again the question is "what would the color scheme be like on this one if we seen it in color".

I don't see any examples on the web with the scheme (light color on body, apron and fender popouts all matching). I suppose it's because of the extra cost for back masking and prep work. I just think it would be a nice unique scheme if someone was to do it today. May not be popular or look good in reality (color), but one can only wonder...

Anyway...sorry to get off topic... Matts topic was much more interesting....

I now wonder if the model @Mattml430 posted was ever produced in a convertible model?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, if you look at the color charts they list the major color and minor color. That would be the light and dark in your B&W. And usually have black fenders but were available with body color. I have known of at least one Victory that had body color suspension too. Most of this is buried in the Important Information papers. The other Dick Perry has a Senior sedan that is light and dark tan with body colored fenders just like your picture.

• Like 2