For Sale: 1925 Ford Model T Station Wagon - $18,000 - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $8,500: 5-31-2024:

For Sale: 1925 Ford Model T Station Wagon - $18,000 - Albuquerque, NM - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $11,000: 12-13-2023: - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $8,500: 5-31-2024: See New Link and Photos Below:

MODEL T FORD, 1925 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

this a running driving car, I've had it 15 years and it's time to let someone else enjoy it.

Copy and paste in your email: 8e98c2721ea937489c8b08cd632096a2@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1925 Ford Model T Station Wagon.

'25 model t ford nm a.jpg

'25 model t ford nm b.jpg

'25 model t ford nm c.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $8,500: 5-31-2024: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Diminishing market I think for Ts.  $18,000 does seem a little high but it looks nice.  Maybe changes hands at $12,500? 

I was thinking more like $8500-10,000 particularly since it is not a factory body. And...if you've never driven one, the huckster seats like this car has in place are absolutely miserable after about an hour of driving.

Edited by ericmac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1925 Ford Model T Station Wagon - $18,000 - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $11,000: 12-13-2023:

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $11,000: 12-13-2023:

1925 ford for sale by owner - Albuquerque, NM - craigslist

MODEL T FORD, 1925 - $11,000 (Albuquerque, NM)
Seller's Description:

THIS MODEL T RUNS AND DRIVES AS IT SHOULD, good upholstery, restored to original condition, NM TITLE in my name.
Copy and paste in your email: 68762ea5f15e3b719bcf6c713faa782b@sale.craigslist.org

'25 ford T Station wagon NM a.jpg

'25 ford T Station wagon NM b.jpg

'25 ford T Station wagon NM c.jpg

'25 ford T Station wagon NM d.jpg

'25 ford T Station wagon NM e.jpg

2 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

you might be going to the chiropractor after more than an hour in the driver’s seat!

Spoil sport. And I was thinking it looked pretty sweet. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Still (or again) for sale...now $8,500, which seems like a lot of fun for the money! I wonder how a T does in a parade with a long low speed drive. 

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-1925-model-ford-taxi/7752560005.html   (505) 228-0244

00I0I_9Ogu7slA6Zp_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not exactly correctly done, but better looking than a lot of the depot hacks! Nice pictures in the ad, and the side curtains to me are a big PLUS! They look really nice. I have had one model T (similar truck), and a Studebaker touring car with side curtains. Personally, I enjoy driving a good antique with side curtains on it.

As for parades? Model Ts, provided the radiator is in good shape, usually do very well in parades. A Ruckstell or other auxiliary intermediate gear does help. Even without such middle gear, if the clutch and transmission are properly adjusted, one simply pulls the combination clutch/brake lever back to establish neutral but not engage the brake. The multiple disc clutch has a tendency to creep forward anyway which tends to float along slowly. If the group ahead of you gets a bit of distance? Just quickly press the low pedal and give it a little gas for a few seconds. Then back off the throttle and pedal to continue floating along. If instead you find yourself getting close to the group ahead, since the clutch/brake lever is already in the neutral position, all one needs to do is press the brake pedal for a moment, or as long as needed.

The most important thing to always remember? Is that if you kill the engine, don't get flustered and make a serious mistake. If the car has a starter in good working order, and you aren't really comfortable cranking the car in public? Use the starter. It is safer with you staying behind the steering wheel. Without a starter, it is simply be certain to properly set all the controls AND THE BRAKE before cranking the car!

I used to deliberately kill the engine in parades! Quickly, carefully, set the brake and controls before jumping out of the T with my arms flailing about, give a few desperate fast pulls of the hand crank (not engaged to the engine) before engaging the crank and giving the engine a few full spins to start it.

Model Ts are great fun in parades.

Provided the radiator is in good shape and properly adjusted timing and carburetor.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@wayne sheldon nailed it….best way to drive a Model T in a parade. I’ve used several different T’s, radiator and cooling systems must be in good condition. 

Great info you two! I maintain and drive a '25 Chevy that belongs to the city where I live. I do try to exercise it every couple of months but mostly it does a couple of parades a year. If it's a hot day, it always gets close to boiling. In '28 Chevy added a fan shroud to the back of the radiator, I bet that would help a lot, but the other issue is that the speed of the parade is often below the idle speed in first gear. It's a truck body but has a 3 speed. I try to just drag the brakes but usually have to resort to the clutch. I try to be as easy on the clutch as I can be (I got 230,000 mostly in town miles on the first clutch of a Honda I used town) but I know it's a lot of wear and tear. 

5 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

@wayne sheldon nailed it….best way to drive a Model T in a parade. I’ve used several different T’s, radiator and cooling systems must be in good condition. 

Great info you two! I maintain and drive a '25 Chevy that belongs to the city where I live. I do try to exercise it every couple of months but mostly it does a couple of parades a year. If it's a hot day, it always gets close to boiling. In '28 Chevy added a fan shroud to the back of the radiator, I bet that would help a lot, but the other issue is that the speed of the parade is often below the idle speed in first gear. It's a truck body but has a 3 speed. I try to just drag the brakes but usually have to resort to the clutch. I try to be as easy on the clutch as I can be (I got 230,000 mostly in town miles on the first clutch of a Honda I used town) but I know it's a lot of wear and tear. 

What are you using for coolant? If you’re using a 50/50 mix, you might want to up the percentage of water, as it’s better for heat transfer. I’ve also found WaterWetter helpful in lowering temperature and accelerating recovery when things get too hot.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1925 Ford Model T Station Wagon - $18,000 - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $8,500: 5-31-2024: