1941 DeSoto Three Window is Still Around

1 hour ago, kingrudy said:

Pretty goofy looking as it sits. The wheels sure don't fit the car and looks like suspension war reworked.

The ad states a 327 engine and a switched frame. . . . So yeah, the wheels dont fit. 

He does say that he will sell the body and frame separately. Like that is of much help 

• Haha 4

On 1/31/2023 at 10:12 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I haven't taken the time to research it, but maybe a postwar model would have an appropriate wheelbase.

Except the 139.5" 7-passenger LWB models, all six-cylinder 1941-'42 & 1946-First Series 1949 DeSotos and Chrysler Royals and Windsor have the 121.5" wheelbase chassis.  A postwar chassis and powertrain would work fine, utilizing a Chrysler would have the 250.6 ci six, maybe even Fluid Drive dependent upon the donor car, which should be easy to find.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Except the 139.5" 7-passenger LWB models, all six-cylinder 1941-'42 & 1946-First Series 1949 DeSotos and Chrysler Royals and Windsor have the 121.5" wheelbase chassis.  A postwar chassis and powertrain would work fine, utilizing a Chrysler would have the 250.6 ci six, maybe even Fluid Drive dependent upon the donor car, which should be easy to find.

Thank you, 58, that was nice of you to take the time to do that research. I've never switched frames/bodies, but others do it routinely. This could be a wonderful car and well worth the effort as long as things under the body aren't too hacked up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Thank you, 58, that was nice of you to take the time to do that research. I've never switched frames/bodies, but others do it routinely. This could be a wonderful car and well worth the effort as long as things under the body aren't too hacked up.

You're welcome. Studying the spec's of 1930's -'50's Chrysler products, it becomes clear that mixing and matching major components to build cars to sell at various price points was their forte.  'Hand-me-down' size six-cylinder engines between the makes took place as the size/weight increased.  One practice at odds with the overall program was Plymouth bodies, while appearing to be identical to the other Mopars, was actually scaled down smaller and narrower than the larger brethren.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1