For Sale: 1965 Imperial Crown coupe - $15,000 - San Antonio, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Imperial Crown coupe - $15,000 - San Antonio, TX

1965 Chrysler imperial Crown coupe - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

I have a very nice one owner Schertz Texas car. Have brand new tires just installed. Over 5500$ in recent repairs. New gas tank new brakes all around new wheel seals rebuilt carb. New gas lines new battery, have receipts for everything so much more done. Clean title 413 727 runs and drives great. Great weekend Cruiser or can be daily driven. Have a lot more pics and videos. 15000k obo no rot anywhere. odometer: 96000

Copy and paste in your email: addfbb073d6d3432a0d598ec3117c895@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Imperial Crown coupe.

'65 Chrysler imperial TX a.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX b.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX c.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX d.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX e.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX f.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX g.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX h.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX i.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX j.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX k.jpg

'65 Chrysler imperial TX l.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

On 7/16/23:

For Sale on Facebook: 1965 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe in Clayton, NC  -  $15,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1446997006034917/-1965-Chrysler-Imperial-Crown-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1965 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe

• 2 owners
  • Driven 96,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Silver · Interior color: White

413 CI V8, 3sp automatic, 96,000 original miles (not 196k). Great driving 19’ of the best luxury car offered by Chrysler.

• Highly optioned with dual electric front seats, auto pilot, factory air conditioning with OEM remanufactured compressor, adjustable tilt steering wheel, original vinyl roof and near perfect chrome all around.
  • Car lived it’s entire life in Texas which means there is no rust.
  • Reupholstered seats.
  • A/C needs to be recharged and factory installed am radio comes on but does not play. Comes with proper OEM am/fm radio said to work perfectly when purchased.

This car includes documented service records AND FACTORY WINDOW STICKER. Recent brake service/adjustment and fresh oil change. Clean N.C. title in hand. Drive this car with confidence anywhere.

image.png.fc59c631b3c15ab0d92e74eca6a247f9.png

image.png.a8f05a0d12ab2e548be38469e7be6a73.png

image.png.05939dc54cbafb891512cc0d2720fed4.png

image.png.ce502729663f445944e1b92915830264.png

image.png.3250e7702c0cbb36647fb87c629ea6dd.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hudsy, I would say yes but I would have to do a deep dive on the Imperial On Line Club to know for sure.  They didn't have white dashes, and to my knowledge a lot of dashes were ordered with contrasting interior seating.  

I reached out to the present seller and his response was that it went to a collector in Massachusetts for 2 months, that person decided he wanted a Plymouth Satellite, and then the present seller bought it. 

"Power windows work well, the a/c has a rebuilt compressor, the a/c works but needs recharged (OK, it does not work*)

AM radio lights up but no sound. I have just had the brakes gone through and new belts and hoses.  Tires are new."

No smoke from a good running engine, shifts well, cruise control inop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Malo48 said:

I like this one a lot - a very commanding presence but still kinda serene. 

Your description is right on. You described my feelings exactly 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

I like these and a coupe is not that common.

Agreed, however, I am not sure I like the "LeBaron" roof applied to the visually shorter 2 door hardtop.  Some days I like it, other days I do not.  

The LeBaron shares the same roof with the semi formal rear window and C Pillar.  I prefer LeBarons, especially to Crown 4 door hardtops.  

Not sure which came 1st, the chicken or the egg, but Cadillac did the same thing with it's 1963-64 Coupe deVille.  The roof stamping is shared I believe with Chevrolet.  I know the Chevy's had the faux convertible stamping in their roof, so maybe it was the 4 door Chevy.  This was reported in Collectable Automobile and attributed to Dave Holls, designer.  

In any case, I do like the formal LeBaron inspired top on a coupe, but I probably prefer it on a LeBaron.