For Sale:  1969 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 1 Owner 29K miles - Glenview, IL - $18,200 - Not Mine

For Sale: 1969 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 1 Owner 29K miles - Glenview, IL - $18,200

1969 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 1 Owner 29,000 miles - cars &... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Original owner 1969 Buick Electra 225 convertible for sale. All original, only 29,000 miles, leather interior, power locks, power windows, power seats, power top, A/C, etc. runs, drives, and shifts good.
Copy and paste in your email: d8a525008f5e3aca88bfbe4857b5cd67@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1969 Buick Electra 225 Convertible

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL a.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL b.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL c.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL d.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL e.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL f.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL g.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL h.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL i.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL j.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 Conv ILL k.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingrudy said:

You just can't have too much red. Beautiful car, original owner and 29,000 makes this car look even better. 

This car was discussed on the Buick Buy/Sell.  It’s a fraud and buyer beware car.   

Current owner is a dealer NOT the original owner.  Strip of wood appliqué on upper trunk is to cover rust.  All interior door panels need redone due to aftermarket speakers.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would say this is an example of a dealer telling

half-truths:  pointing out all of the positive things,

saying nothing about the negative things, with a

dose of equivocation thrown in too.  "Original owner?"

Is the very low mileage documented?  Incorrect wheels.

Door panels cut to install incorrect speakers.  Etc.

We all appreciate excellent cars with thoroughly honest sellers.

• Like 1

I did not know of the wood strip covering up the rust, but I did notice the speakers (what a mistake). Could this car be selling on consignment and therefore be considered a one owner car? Just a thought. Really have to ask for documentation to verify the 29,000 miles. There could be some room for negotiation noting these questions, but I would not be surprised if it sells for the ask considering it is selling in the mid west and people in the snow belt love convertibles. I lived in California for 50 years and convertibles do not move me.

The Buick Road Wheels are not correct, but are a nice upgrade and not something I would remove.  Those speakers are horrendous and that means pulling off the door panels, sending them to SMS or some upholsterer for costly repair, just stupid.  Why would anyone place a wood appliqué over rust on a trunk lid ?   

Might be on consignment, not sure but I did go to this sellers facebook profile and he has at least 8 cars for sale.   So a person is splitting hairs in my opinion calling it consignment or a dealer.  

The bottom line is that a paper trail actually might create liability.  As I have found with many over described cars from dealers - they throw years of documentation away so nobody knows.   It's buyer beware.  

On 1/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, bryankazmer said:

Two questions on "all original" claim:

Didn't Electras come with vinyl, no leather option? 

correct, it's vinyl (unless it was somehow special ordered at a significant cost for leather); lots of cars posted here from Facebook or Craigslist claiming to have leather, but actually have vinyl 

• Like 2