My Family and 1939 Buick Century 4 Dr. / Price and Position

JDaly

I also agree it is a 1940.   There were three series that year...  Master 85 series KB was entry level.

Master deluxe series KH was next,  
Special Deluxe series KA was the top priced model..... my guess is the car pictured is a KA because it seems to have more chrome trim

They made 138,811 KA 4 door sedans that year. 

• Thanks 1

I once owned a two-door 1940 Master 85. There was no brightwork on the hood louvers or on the doors. It had a radio, though. The Chevy was a fun car to drive, except that up here in Sussex County it's pretty hilly by NJ standards, and performance was severely lacking on many of the local roads.  Nevertheless, I miraculously won a race with it. One of my friends insisted that I won because it was a downhill race and my opponent was facing the wrong direction, but to this day I'm convinced that the car won on its own merit.

• Haha 3

Thanks for the corrections.

Yikes. I am very sorry. A novice I am.

So I will need to correct it to a 1940 Chevrolet Special Deluxe series KA?

Just want to confirm.

THanks, 

(also, can you pinpoint the 1940 price of that Chevrolet Special Deluxe Series KA?)

(also, takes away my entire story line on the fam being upper middle class. But that's OK>)

VERY obliged to Matt, Machine Gunn, Barney, Matthew and 1939_Buick Club. Thanks.

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad. You are certainly not the first person to write a lengthy scholarly research paper who had to retract it after publishing. A lot of scholarly research papers turn out to be totally wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

Don't feel too bad. You are certainly not the first person to write a lengthy scholarly research paper who had to retract it after publishing. A lot of scholarly research papers turn out to be totally wrong.

Well, I just crossed everything out. Premise smashed.

They say arbitrager George Soros always assumed he was wrong and was ever ready to take an opposite currency postion.

I thought I learned that lesson.

But I keep forgetting how wrong I am.

Thanks to all of you.

And in EmTee's video words...

"Oh well that's VERY different... nevermind,"

Nice hanging around you Buick folks, as an interloper, for a while.

I republished corrected / Chevy version here.

Gratias.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...