Door glass for '65 - are left and right interchangeable?

65VerdeGS

Is the door glass for driver and passenger side interchangeable?

Can one use a passenger window on the driver's side?

Other than the "Soft-Ray" logo being backwards, what other downsides would there be to using a passenger window on the driver's side?  Are there any mods that have to be made for the swap to work?

2 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Is the door glass for driver and passenger side interchangeable?

I was asked this same question in August where a car meet regular had just purchased a $1000 '63 Riviera project car when a 1963 California Riviera was for sale near here for $5500 CAD. He didn't want to spend that much. Passenger door glass was shattered exposing the interior to the elements. I can only imagine what a huge project the buyer is committing to.

I would say yes for interchangeability. And yes, etchings would be reverse.

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

Yes you can only on a 65 . The 63 and 64 the glass is incased in a metal housing. In 65 the glass had holes drilled in it and could go on either side. also the rear arm support on 63 and 64 was part of the glass assembly. In 65 the rear arm supply was bolted in and nor part of the glass assembly. Hope this helps.Gene.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, abandg said:

Yes you can only on a 65 . The 63 and 64 the glass is incased in a metal housing. In 65 the glass had holes drilled in it and could go on either side. also the rear arm support on 63 and 64 was part of the glass assembly. In 65 the rear arm supply was bolted in and nor part of the glass assembly. Hope this helps.Gene.

Gene......you are the man!

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. 

My question was precipitated by this eBay listing for a passenger window for a '65:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183762995386?fits=Year%3A1965|Model%3ARiviera&hash=item2ac920c8ba:g:1oIAAOSwqz9baePk&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoHb29szZ7xGkIAIbC3g5pEYoAk3knMTSHbGUiUuH7UAPP4ZGyI%2FDD1D0qQNytNyHSioV1loeug18xJPkj4BqdtbCf6FVih3i%2Bvb3uis3TKmIfZLBxiZ1IR%2BLXeFB%2F9Q5Xsb4r3REKzFy7L25D9qoi%2FQrAdTF1B9eth6JXasxcc5hzV%2B8br63USdAwNQzrDLrk60njjA%2B3jtfWu3IIomxRKk%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4rsotWLYQ

The seller states that the left and right door glass will interchange, so I thought to verify his statement.

Any red flags come to mind when you look at this listing?  My driver's tinted glass is a bit 'cloudy', definitely noticeable when compared to the other windows.  So I'm thinking about replacing it, and perhaps this is a good window glass to get?

Your thoughts?