1955 Century Convertible $13,500 Wisconsin

13 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Seat pattern appears to be original design. Drivers arm rest looks bad for a 26k mile car.

Not bad to start with . 

Bill

And note the warped door applique, whatever you would call it, the engine turned looking part.  I'll bet water got let in.  These kinds of finds are killers for me.  I have been out of the hobby for 3 years but enjoy finding these types of cars, and reasonably priced drivers. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 1:03 AM, Y-JobFan said:

This car would have been spectacular when new.  Having a good bit experience with low mileage Buicks I actually believe the mileage to be accurate.  It will take deep pockets to bring it back.  Love the service tag, check the phone number.

I spoke with the seller yesterday.  His name is Ronny.  The ad did not have his phone number. That is what I messaged him for.  651-983-4618.  It is located (I know it says it in the ad) in St Croix Falls Wisconsin, on the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. 

I know where that is because we had a family vacation there, in that area - is really pretty part of the Northland. 

The miles are truly believed to be actual but the motor is stuck.  The back story is that it came out of a hoarder collection in Green Bay Wisconsin with somewhat poor storage.  We have heard that before.  

Apparently the back 1/3 of several cars was not properly stored and degradation took place on several of the cars including this one. 

The motor is stuck. Interior and convertible top are original.  (I have no reason to doubt Ronny)  

Floorboards are solid, rear frame is not.   Lots of the power options.  

10 years ago this would have been a no brainer.  I would have tapped my 401k for a "loan" and at least got it in my 3 car garage man cave.  I no longer have that garage and no place to put it.  Interestingly, my retirement savings have lost well in excess of this asking price in the last 8 months.  

Ronny says - and sometimes owners use hyperbole - that if no one wants it by snowfall it is no longer for sale and he is pulling it in to restore.   Won't leave it out in the snow.  

I can't imagine a better restoration project - an iconic transport-you-back-in time machine with solid floors, complete, and in a nice color combination for less than $15,000!   Restored this is likely a $65,000 car, although restoration costs will exceed that.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

I do not know really understand what you are seeing in this car. The rust throughs at the left head light, rusted lower door panels and rockers. To me this car screams 'rust'. I do not even want to know how it looks from underneath.

Hans,

That is a good observation, on the one front fender poking out.  The issue is scarcity.  This isn't a Special or a Super.  No offense to those owners.  The Century and Roadmaster are the ones to sink $100,000 into if that's your deal.   

Add to that all of the power accessories and paint code for this one, and sub $15,000 American dollar price, and you simply can not find a nicer project car.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

I hear you, but if this is such a great deal, why it is still available?

Location is part of it. Finding it on Facebook is another.  If this is on eBay, in a well sorted auction, I’ll bet it goes for more than $15,000.  

Facebook marketplace is a crapshoot for me.  I’ll look and find cars like this, save it, then do another extensive search and never find it again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, B Jake Moran said:

Location is part of it. Finding it on Facebook is another.  If this is on eBay, in a well sorted auction, I’ll bet it goes for more than $15,000.  

Facebook marketplace is a crapshoot for me.  I’ll look and find cars like this, save it, then do another extensive search and never find it again. 

The marketplace search function is absolutely horrible. I've had the same issues. Even craigslist would be a better place to sell it in terms of exposure. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Relisted in January 2023:

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Buick Century Convertible in Somerset, WI  -  $13,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/549004303840443/-1955-Buick-Century-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1955 Buick Century Convertible

• Driven 27,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green

1955 Buick convertible miles are to be accurate it’s Ben in storage since 1975 decent car has rust on rear frame and trunk pan motor is stuck highly optional car power windows and seat.

image.png.0e47f197e6a74e77b3f2d8726cd307e6.png

image.png.76f548f3609530554c42b3d6355f7a76.png

image.png.2231b74163bfad68454e8c804dc209aa.png

image.png.ca5c054ec409f2a9578b736efa823385.png

image.png.9586cea00c090614aeea157ea5cc9ae4.png