Piedmont Motor Car in Front of The Hotel Roanoke?

stevep516

I've been asked by the folks at The Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, Va., if the car shown in the photo  (circa 1920) is one of the Piedmonts. I'm pretty sure it's not, but I thought I would ask for help in identifying the car. The quality of the photo is not that great, making it a little difficult............Any input would be greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg.9dad86edd7b1bff90a28c5574f36a7fa.jpeg

27 minutes ago, stevep516 said:

I've been asked by the folks at The Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, Va., if the car shown in the photo  (circa 1920) is one of the Piedmonts. I'm pretty sure it's not, but I thought I would ask for help in identifying the car. The quality of the photo is not that great, making it a little difficult............Any input would be greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg.9dad86edd7b1bff90a28c5574f36a7fa.jpeg

The car on the far right is about a 1919 Haynes.

1919 Haynes.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

On 8/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, prewarnut said:

I think the car in the center with full side showing is a Cadillac type 57. See from Sotheby's auction a few years ago in similar profile:

image.png.00c8eb8c5d4361afeec39ac4e3bd1afa.png

I agree it's Cadillac but would lean more to a 1922-23 model unless the picture was taken 1920 or earlier.

5 hours ago, sagefinds said:

I agree it's Cadillac but would lean more to a 1922-23 model unless the picture was taken 1920 or earlier.

I disagree, by 1922 and type 61 you lose the horn on the driver's side splashshield, the lower corners of the windshield form a near triangular point, and the split in the windshield becomes a little lower (from centerline of cowl the split is no longer providing similar in height glasses), so I think the pic depicts an earlier Cad.

See (again a Bonhams listing):

cad22.png