Check out this MGA trailer....

keiser31

Not sure I get it. Good MGA body parts are expensive and desirable. Been a MGA owner, driver and restorer since the mid 1970's. Parts just keep getting harder to find. Also it's a lot of weight to add to a MGA tow car, you probably would not to use this behind anything other than your MGA driver. MGA's are "OK " in the power department, but really just " OK ". My Hyundai Accent is quicker in a straight line.

Just my 2 cents , but it looks like a lot of time and expense for a somewhat muddled outcome.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Jag's are already stupidly expensive. And they have a good power to weight ratio. MGA's are still a car that you sort of don't have to all that rich to be involved with. 

Someone with enough money to own an E Type roadster probably isn't pinching pennies to own it. Some MGA owners still are, myself included. I believe new E Type body shells are available. Not really the case with MGA's. 

I have done a few long distance trips in an MGA. It can be done without a trailer. Mind you usually with a male friend, not my wife. For some reason traveling with a woman usually needs more space.  Many / most women seem to embrace minimalism except when packing for travel.  Sorry if I sound sexist, just what I have observed over the years.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the late 60's my wifreand I traveled Europe and America in a 57 Porsche Speedster with a luggage rack on the rear engine cover.

Did it again in a 240Z in the early 70's without the luggage rack.   Our ladies & we, were younger then.   Even I need more stuff today.