For Sale: **1938 BUICK SPECIAL BUSINESS COUPE** - $24,999 (KENT)

Not Mine - worth a look?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/seattle-1938-buick-special-business/7518276641.html

Im helping with selling my 90 year old fathers pride and joy his 1938 Buick Specail model 46 Busniess Coupe. Health issue force's this sale and my father will be the main person involded in the sale of his vehcle which he restored and has owned for over 23 years. Originally a nice clean Montana car which he acquired in 1999 and then restored, has all receipts for all work which was done. The car runs like a top like a straight 8 248ci. should, has a 3 speed overdrive trans, new white wall radial tires with matching spare , all lights gauges work like they should, lots of documentation, paper work and hard to find extra parts come with this awesome car. I'm his son and will be the first point of contact, and once I know I'm dealing with a serious buyer, we will go talk with my dad and see the car, Its worth the time if this is what your looking for.  )few more pics in ad)

ccccc0100d0d_3gSjJvLrR3ez_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

ccccc0200g0g_93GXbaqyrBrz_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

ccccc0300a0a_iuNmHbieAaBz_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

ccccc0400a0a_bm5HLJvdgpFz_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

WOW that's a nice car. Based on these photos I wouldn't touch the paint. However I would remove all the extra reflectors and doo dads from the front bumper. The 38's are my favorite year but they don't come up for sale that often. The details make the car; hubcaps, steering wheel and grille. Gorgeous!!!  It's here on the west coast in Seattle WA.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I like the solid maroon over the black and silver two tone,  even if the shade isn't correct.  Looks like a recast wheel on the maroon one.  Just checked on this one and it's listed as sold,  so the maroon one is definitely a good deal if you use this as a comp,  as long as it's pretty rust free. 

I showed it to the wife.  but she wasn't crazy about it.  Usually I get her approval for most stuff as often she ends up being an investor,  but she says she wants me to buy something more sporty.    So I guess I have to hold out for a convertible of some sort.