Throttle Shafts for Carter AFB 3645

Craig Balzer

Both of my throttle shafts on the subject carb are AWOL.

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody out there have an extra pair (primary and secondary) of throttle shafts?

OR

Does anybody out there have a dead/broken/rusty Carter AFB 3645 on the shelf from which a pair of throttle shafts can be cannibalized?

OR

Can someone identify another model(s) of Carter AFBs that share the same configuration of throttle shafts from which a pair of throttle shafts can be taken? There are several AFBs on eBay right now with (somewhat) reasonable prices but I don't know if the throttle shafts on these models will make my Carter AFB 3645 whole again.

Thanx in Advance

Craig

1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport

Both the primary and secondary throttle shafts used on the 3645s are UNIQUE to the 3645s.

The secondary shaft would not be too difficult to fabricate if you have access to a lathe and a milling machine.

The primary throttle shaft alone also would not be difficult with the aforementioned tools, but the throttle arm is a BEAR!

If one had the arm from a dead primary, producing the primary shaft would not be bad.

If one is interested in function, rather than absolute correctness, other shafts could be modified. Which ones would require some research.

Jon.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Craig Balzer said:

Both of my throttle shafts on the subject carb are AWOL.

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody out there have an extra pair (primary and secondary) of throttle shafts?

OR

Does anybody out there have a dead/broken/rusty Carter AFB 3645 on the shelf from which a pair of throttle shafts can be cannibalized?

OR

Can someone identify another model(s) of Carter AFBs that share the same configuration of throttle shafts from which a pair of throttle shafts can be taken? There are several AFBs on eBay right now with (somewhat) reasonable prices but I don't know if the throttle shafts on these models will make my Carter AFB 3645 whole again.

Thanx in Advance

Craig

1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport

What happened to your original throttle shafts? If the butterfly screws have snapped off they can be remove.

Tom Mooney

• 1 month later...